Starting out with Blood Angels

Hey all, so I have just completed my Orks (well, I have to paint 2 Gargantuan Squiggoths but hey, thats a long project) and recently bought an Assault on Black Reach for the Orks and won a Stormraven at a tourney so I have the start of a marine army which I have decided to paint as Blood Angels (since I have never played them before. What would be a good place to go from here? I was thinking of building the army as a rapid assault force using Assault Marines, Land Speeders and Stormraven mounted Tacticals, would this be a viable list you think? And it is damn hard to post from a phone lol. Thanks in advance for any help you can give me.

Hey all, so I have just completed my Orks (well, I have to paint 2 Gargantuan Squiggoths but hey, thats a long project) and recently bought an Assault on Black Reach for the Orks and won a Stormraven at a tourney so I have the start of a marine army which I have decided to paint as Blood Angels (since I have never played them before. What would be a good place to go from here? I was thinking of building the army as a rapid assault force using Assault Marines, Land Speeders and Stormraven mounted Tacticals, would this be a viable list you think? And it is damn hard to post from a phone lol. Thanks in advance for any help you can give me.

Tacticals are best used as objective sitters, BA have much better options for getting up close and personal. So putting them in an expensive assault vehicle is a bit of a waste. If you want to use tacticals it's better to pod them or take a rhino that can give other squads cover. Save the stormraven for assault squads without jump packs, TH LC terminators and stuff like that.

Multi melta attack bikes are good and inexpensive (pointswise), easy to squeeze in any list lacking anti tank.

EDIT: Suggestions on what to buy

Razorback, whirlwind or predator kit (can double as a rhino)

space wolf, wolf pack box ( lot's of useful and unusual parts for your assault squads )

DC box (many BA specific bits and wargear)

I'd say that the above will provide you a good starting point (model and bitswise) with just about any type of BA force.

Fill your stormravens with death company and close combat terminators, use Dante + fully melta'd up honour guard to eliminate immediate threat to your stormravens by deep striking first, follow up with a squad of attack bikes with multimeltas and Baal predators maybe to further annihilate the threats to your bird then drop off your cargo into the squishies and then begin your assault from there!! Haha

Attack bikes and Baal predators are both amazing support units in my opinion

You may wanna start out with assault squads tho (magnetise their backpacks/jetpacks so you can change between mounting them in a razor back and using them for DoA, plus you are gonna wanna order some melta guns and give 1 in every 5 a melta and one in every 10 a powerfist)

This should have you on your way to massacring peoples armies in no time bro!

EDIT: I only ever come on here via my iPhone, it gets easier bro, haha.

Archived