Oblitorator Virus and the progression to the big guys.

Ok so there are the 9 stages to oblitoratorhood. http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Obliterator_Virus

Now I'm wondering are there any examples in literature of a stage 3 marines in combat.

Basically I'm looking to have a few PA marines infected but still not suffering from slow and purposeful.

SO fused weapons, slight armour distortion.

I think there is something like that in Storm of Iron.

I believe the Iron Warriors insert the Oblitorator Virus or a form of it into a mechanical guard to turn him into their own.

If someone can back me up on this one please do, its been a while since I read it.

I believe the Iron Warriors insert the Oblitorator Virus or a form of it into a mechanical guard to turn him into their own.

If someone can back me up on this one please do, its been a while since I read it.

It was into a Techpriest, and it didn't take long to convert him over once it was introduced. Then again, he also didn't exactly struggle against it.

Thanks not read the book but interesting. Another point is how big can you go?? Possessed preds might be interesting as a an oblit on tracks. In addition dreads.... yes the marine is stuck inside a sealed vat of amniotic fluid but, damage/pre-infection or deliberate infection would provide a ready source of metal and weapons.

It was into a Techpriest, and it didn't take long to convert him over once it was introduced. Then again, he also didn't exactly struggle against it.

He had an advanced/mutated strand that worked faster or something like that.

Archived