VS Grey Knights

as opposed to an assault cannon where it's 4 seperate shots each with rending potential. I'm pretty sure most of the people at my local shop will agree that it should only allow 1 extra d3 for rending, does anyone have any thoughts on this?

A little more ontopic though in regards to my BA's being afraid of Vindicare's it still boils down to a 50% chance of him wrecking a vehicle per turn, they still have to roll a 4+ on the damage table (their gun is ap1 I believe) to wreck a vehicle. Assuming your in cover (and why wouldn't you be?) you have an even better chance of negating their 1 special shot per turn.

its FAQed otherwise for Monstrous Creatures.

keep in mind the GKs have pretty small numbers of attacks in total. Assault marines should only take 3-4 casualties from a GK squad with halberds and Hammer hand before they attack and in return do just about the same. Only GKs cost a fair bit more and if you're charging troops into troops unsupported there is part of the problem isnt it?

I would assume the Vindicare special ammo rules follow the same general guideline as the Sternguard, over writing anything else that is in place when you are using the special rounds. So when it ways "A turbo-penetrator shot has an Armor Penetration of 4D6." that would be all they get. Unfortunately the rending rule was not written with the intent that someone could actually get four dice to roll during a rending result. I cannot think of another situation off the top of my head where this becomes an issue, because any where else when you roll additional dice and rending is applicable you only pick the highest of the dice rolled so you still only get one bonus D3. They obviously did not think this thru when they gave the Vindicare this rule, and it will need clarification from GW in a FAQ. I seriously thought they did play testing to catch stuff like this, which will literally come up every game against GK. I would think the intent was that the weapon would lose rending when using these rounds as it packs enough punch already, but as the rules read, they would get an extra D3 for each 6 they roll. I honestly have no clue why they even made the weapon a sniper weapon instead of just saying it always wounds on 4+ since the weapon is already AP 1 and ignores armor, meaning rending does nothing other then give that extra D3. Which could actually lead you to think they gave it rending expecting the extra D3, but that just does not seem right to me.

Archived