Furioso Librarian question

Redfinger

The number of attacks listed under the Furioso is 2(3) 2 questions;

1. what does the 2(3) mean

2. The Librarian has a force weapon and blood fist, do I need to choose which weapon to attack with, or can I attack with both, and how does that effect initiative?

Thanks,

Ashton

The Librarian gets 3 attacks because it has 2 close combat weapons. The (3) represents the 2nd close combat weapon.

You must choose whether to use the fist or the force weapon. The force weapon strikes in initiative order, the fist goes at initiative 1.

My Librarian dread has been MVP now 2 games in a row.

You must choose whether to use the fist or the force weapon. The force weapon strikes in initiative order, the fist goes at initiative 1.

I think the second sentence is not correct. The force weapon strikes at initiative order(with S6) but the Blood Fist does so as well(at strength 10).

Snorri

Dreadnought Blood Fists (aka DCCWs) are not subject to the same Iniative 1 as PA/TDA Marines and their PFs and/or THs. :)

Really?! I never knew... do you have a page #?

Page 73 in the BRB states that "A Dreadnought Close Combat Weapon is a power weapon and doubles the walker's Strength in close combat (up to a maximum of 10)."

It does not state that it suffers the decrease in Initiative as does a power fist or thunder hammer, "which are cumbersome to use, so attacks with a power fist (and THs) are always delivered at Initiative 1."

Question kinda related, but can Librarian Dreads use Wings of Sanguinius as a psyker ability? Lets the model move as though it had a jump pack.

Yes, so long as its not stunned or immobilized. But don't tell the other chapters we have flying dreadnoughts they'll just get jealous :ph34r:

I wish I had an artist's hand for drawing. I dearly wish to see a picture of a dreadnaught flying through the air, and the looks on the faces of the poor heretics he's about to land upon.

Also the dreadnaught is making noises like Nixon in Futurama...

Don't you lose the attack for 2 dccw when you swap a blood fist for a force weapon?

no because it is still 2 close combat weapons none of which count as two-handed

This is wrong. The rulebook states p 42 "Two Different Special Weapons: When it is their turn to attack, these models must choose which weapon to use that turn, but they never get the bonus attack for using two weapons (such is the penalty for wielding too many complex weapons!)"

Librarian dreadnoughts get two attacks, three on the charge.

Don't you lose the attack for 2 dccw when you swap a blood fist for a force weapon?

This is wrong. The rulebook states p 42 "Two Different Special Weapons: When it is their turn to attack, these models must choose which weapon to use that turn, but they never get the bonus attack for using two weapons (such is the penalty for wielding too many complex weapons!)"

That is incorrect. The Codex states that we still get the extra attack for the two weapons (Can't quote the page though, my codex was taken, I'm sure mistakenly, at Adepticon).

That is incorrect. The Codex states that we still get the extra attack for the two weapons (Can't quote the page though, my codex was taken, I'm sure mistakenly, at Adepticon).

Yep, I was wrong. Under the Blood Fist Entry (good organisation guys!) Codex p. 46 If a dreadnought is equipped with a blood fist and a force weapon, it must choose which one it is going to use in each round of close combat, but will still gain one additional attack."

Yep, I was wrong. Under the Blood Fist Entry (good organisation guys!) Codex p. 46 If a dreadnought is equipped with a blood fist and a force weapon, it must choose which one it is going to use in each round of close combat, but will still gain one additional attack."

@liberate_tutame: Which Codex do you have? My C:BA has the Blood Fist entry on page 60, while page 46 has the "LIBRARIANS" fluff and description. No biggie as long as we all get the same information. :lol:

I wish I had an artist's hand for drawing. I dearly wish to see a picture of a dreadnaught flying through the air, and the looks on the faces of the poor heretics he's about to land upon.
Unfortunately this does not work. As all Jump Infantry the Librarian Dreadnought has to walk to assault. No death from above for anyone. :(

Unfortunately this does not work. As all Jump Infantry the Librarian Dreadnought has to walk to assault. No death from above for anyone. :)

And since when did the art have to directly relate to the rules? :) I just thought the idea of a dread with wings, flying around waving his stubby arms and legs shouting "GAROOOO" and freaking out heretics would make for a funny drawing.

Actually, we don't even need the special rule. The last paragraph for DCCW on pg 73 of the BRB states, "If a walker is equipped with two or more close combat weapons, it gains one bonus attack for each additional weapon over the first."

Archived