why aren't these around anymore?

daboarder

I am pleased to announce to the forum that I am now the proud owner of what for all intents and purposes a brand new copy of the angels of death codex. I have spent the last day or so pouring over it and I must ask a few things of my brothers.

Would you play against some of the old units that are no longer with us, I was thinking specifically of the tarantula defence platform looking at its rules I think it would be cool to play a game with the same states but instead of the 4 movement give it S&P and relentless. Another point of note is that I was suprised by the lack of background in the old codex, and its strange but I have a new appreciation for the volume (if not quality) of background material available in the new codecies. Finally I was wondering if anyone had any advice about a way to convert a new mephiston model based upon the very dynamic pose within the old codex.

/ramble

I am pleased to announce to the forum that I am now the proud owner of what for all intents and purposes a brand new copy of the angels of death codex. I have spent the last day or so pouring over it and I must ask a few things of my brothers.

Would you play against some of the old units that are no longer with us, I was thinking specifically of the tarantula defence platform looking at its rules I think it would be cool to play a game with the same states but instead of the 4 movement give it S&P and relentless. Another point of note is that I was suprised by the lack of background in the old codex, and its strange but I have a new appreciation for the volume (if not quality) of background material available in the new codecies. Finally I was wondering if anyone had any advice about a way to convert a new mephiston model based upon the very dynamic pose within the old codex.

/ramble

well the 'lack' of background that's in the codex is all what we take for granted as common knowledge about the chapter now. the background was still in it's fledgling stages at that point (the game was only what like 5 yrs old then?) personally i'd rather less background that's good over a lot of background that's poorly thought out. i'm a quality over quantity guy.

Ahhh good ol' AoD! It was this that made me a Blood Angel all those years ago when I was a nipper :whoops: The short story in there about the Mordians and the Assault Marines is what formed the basis for my current RAS 'style' (covered in blood/guts like a proper marine) and my Mephy conversion was based on the AoD picture of him, though he evolved slightly during build to be walking and raised his sword. Check out the links in my sig for closer looks :wub:

Would you play against some of the old units that are no longer with us, I was thinking specifically of the tarantula defence platform looking at its rules I think it would be cool to play a game with the same states but instead of the 4 movement give it S&P and relentless.

Forgeworld have released both rules and models for tarantulas.

Archived