Lamenters 4th Company

Daylight

EDIT: Decided on a Lamenters force. I really like the yellow BA successors and their fluff.

This is my first attempt at painting a force all in the same chapter colors. I was planning to make them Fire Angels, but since they are an m40 founded chapter, they probably wouldn't have the older marks of armor I am using. Therefore, if anyone has any suggestions on a chapter that has been around longer and would have older marks of armor I am open to suggestions and ideas (If not Fire Angels, I was thinking Raven Guard, Raptors, or maybe Star Phantoms). I was inspired by SCC's amazing Raven Guard, especially by how each marine was unique, and I wanted to do that with this army. I am currently assembling and painting a force going to be approximately 1000 pts at first, then I will expand it to 1500 then (hopefully) 1750 and more. My painting is not that good, but I have been working on it. So, with that in mind, a Dark Angels marine I painted up using techniques I hadn't used before and six marines in my first tactical squad (made using Mk.III and Mk.V armor from FW, and a standard Mk. VI and Mk. VII tactical marine sprue from the battleforce). The bolters are not glued in place; they are just resting on the marines' hands:

DA Marine #1 (due to lighting and camera flash, appears lighter than the paint really is)

gallery_55253_5732_245898.jpg

Veteran Sergeant Cadius

gallery_55253_5732_675363.jpg

Brother Adeaus (Mk. III Armor shoulders and arms to give extra protection from the plasma gun heat)

gallery_55253_5732_109877.jpg

gallery_55253_5732_678346.jpg

Brother Ixion

gallery_55253_5732_24716.jpg

Brother Tyrael

gallery_55253_5732_775288.jpg

Brother Lysane

gallery_55253_5732_385442.jpg

Brother Invictus

gallery_55253_5732_597137.jpg

C&C welcome.

You could still a relatively new chapter with old marks of armor. Forge worlds pump out old marks all the time. Not to mention, whenever a new chapter is founded, it's not uncommon for their primorginator to gift them with relics and knick knacks. Just in case your heart is set on fire angels.

• 1 month later...
Ok, some news. I have assembled a tactical squad, with a Furioso and Storm Raven on the way (and maybe a Land Raider Redeemer). Pics will be posted shortly. Also, I have decided on a Lamenters force, and will write up some fluff soon. Basically, the background is going to be something along the lines of the two companies lost in the warp have reappeared, and this army will be a strike force made up of elements from the two companies that continues on campaign (and recruiting) while the remainder of the chapter rebuilds.

Archived