Combat shields

knife&fork

In the PDF codex I used to run all my VAS with Combat shields for a little more staying power. Ever since the new codex hit I now have all these (illegal) shields in my bitsbox, and a few veterans with grey arms :ph34r:

Since there are so few units than can take them now, does anyone have any suggestion on what to do with them?

In the PDF codex I used to run all my VAS with Combat shields for a little more staying power. Ever since the new codex hit I now have all these (illegal) shields in my bitsbox, and a few veterans with grey arms :tu:

Since there are so few units than can take them now, does anyone have any suggestion on what to do with them?

Make them all your Assault Squad Sergeants. :D

The shields in the Assault Squad box are indeed Storm Shields. You only get Combat Shields in the Command Squad box.

No, it's a definitely a combat shield. Far as I know only the space wolf pack has a PA storm shield. Storm shields do not necessarily have bolt pistols attached to them, they are just fastened to the forearm leaving both hands free.

Has anyone gotten into an argument yet what the blood champion can carry? I'll assume it's PW, pistol and shield just like vanilla marines, but the wording is not very good.

As for my shields I had the opportunity tonight to look at a friends copy of IA10 and I got inspired by the siege assault squad. I think I'll make a squad of either sternguards (don't have any yet) or an assault squad just like in the book entry.

EDIT:

Speaking of IA10, would people mind terribly if you were to use the caestus assault ram as a "count as" stormraven? Personally I can't stand the thunderhawk shortbus.

The bolt pistol is built into the combat shield.

If you look in the Marine codex you will see that the Sergeant of the Assault Squad can take a Storm Shield as well. The shield in the Assault Squad box is most definitely a Storm Shield.

However this works fine for you as you don't want to use combat shields anyway.

The bolt pistol is built into the combat shield.

If you look in the Marine codex you will see that the Sergeant of the Assault Squad can take a Storm Shield as well. The shield in the Assault Squad box is most definitely a Storm Shield.

The only combat shield that has a "built in" bolt pistol is the one in the command squad box. I don't know where you've gotten the idea that the combat shield is a storm shield. If you're not convinced just take a look at the illustrations in every SM codex released since 4th ed.

See those tiny plasma thingies on the assault squad sprues? By your logic those are clearly plasma guns because they are listed in the options too!

Archived