The Blades

wAk3

I am starting to loose my inspiration after working on my army for waaay to long, so I thought that by starting this thread my motivation might return.

My first entry is a couple of pictures of my WIP dreadnought.

And, no, although they might look like it, they are not meant to be Blood Angel successors. :D

Anyhow, enjoy, and please comment.

med_gallery_21551_5121_2311565.jpg

med_gallery_21551_5121_640291.jpg

Might I ask what gene seed they were founded with? Dark Angels (that's a Mortis dreddy if I'm not mistaken)? ^_^

Fluff-wise, all I got is the chapter name... But yeah, its a Mortis dread, and I use alot of Dark Angels iconography.

Might I ask what gene seed they were founded with? Dark Angels (that's a Mortis dreddy if I'm not mistaken)? ;)

It doesn't have to be Dark Angels gene seed as the twin Auto-Cannon Dreadnought AKA Rifleman Dreadnought has been available to Codex Space Marines for a while now. Admittedly it is the only legal Mortis variant that Space Marines can take.

Looks fine so far, but you haven't made a lot of progress yet. Will be interested to see where you take this.

And it has to be said, they do have exactly the same colour scheme as the Angels Sanguine.

They are very similar, I give you that, :( but my little twist on the color scheme is that all my regular dudes have black shoulder pads with red trim.

Well, I forgot to get a full army picture, but I did manage to get some updates done on my dreadnought.

Almost done now!

med_gallery_21551_5121_373317.jpg

med_gallery_21551_5121_1094486.jpg

med_gallery_21551_5121_1454989.jpg

Nice blending on that red there, use an airbrush?

Thanks! No, I don't use an airbrush. Only many layers of heavily watered down paint with a brush.

I asked it already :D

I like the dread, altough the black need some highlights. Right now it looks very... well black against the very nice red you got there.

- Natanael

Archived