BA Storm Shields

Rybnick

Greetings Brothers,

I'm working on my first ever Terminator squad and am just not loving the looks of the stock Storm Shields. In the interests of making my storm shields look unique I was thinking about either swapping in some shields from the WHF range or maybe just shaving off some detail from the stock SS and adding in some BA iconography (like the skull and grail from the Baal Pred). I've also considered grafting a Sang Guard wing into a shield as well, seen a few people make this pretty good on their models.

If anyone has any BA specific SS's they've created (or swapped bit's in for) I'd love to see them!

I'll try and keep this a WiP thread too once I start in on the Termies, and as always thanks for your help!

Ryb-

Nope, sadly FW doesn't offer BA SS (or at least none that I can find on their site), or I would have ordered them when I ordered my FW shoulder pads <_< . I remember seeing some nice looking SS on a random site about 6 months ago but I can't for the life of me seem to remember where.

This is quite easy to produce (actually for my Deathwing) -

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/uploads...4130_324734.jpg

I've added a DA icon to it since this. The trickiest part is butchering an actual storm shield for the handle bits (I bought some cheap SW ones off ebay for this purpose). You could also use a greenstuff mould of the first on to make more - which I actually just did as I was tired of cutting them out after 2.

The plastic is actually a "beware of dog" sign that had a decent thickness, pretty much equal to that of a regular SS. It cuts really easy with scissors and you could probably make more intricate shapes if need be.

You could probably cut them all out somewhat tear shaped and than add a wing on each side from bits (though most teardrop shaped shields would normally be held wide side up).

Oh yea, and Scribor also makes some nice ones - http://sciborminiatures.com/en_,shop.php?art=992

On my Termies, I used shields from Chaos Warriors from WFB. They are very nice in shape and size, all you need is to file off the chaos star that is on them and make a bit of filing on the hand that is there but you can easily left the fist. With little effort, the fist on the shield will perfectly fit into the Termie SS wrist and voila. All you need to do next is some freehand/greenstuffing/gluing on bitz (BA icons from drop pod doors is what I used) and you have it! And those shields are horribly easy to come across, every WoC player should have at least dozen spare.

what you really want is the plate from the defiler kit that loks about the same size as a storm sheild. onto that you then stick the front decoration thingys off the baal predator kit. must rember to take piccys of that... also the space hulk one is pretty epic too...

I used the FW Black Templar shields:

IMG_4836.JPG

Ashton

Nice.. Did you change it or is that what they come like? Think I might have to get some of them too.

Do you have a link red?

Also do you a have a link to these FW BA termie pads I've beard so much about?

Thanks for all the sugestions guy's, you've given me a lot to think about. I'm torn at this point I like the Scibor shields and the FW BT shields the most so far. Has anyone ever ordered from Scibor before? Just wondering what the quality of their products is like, some of the pictures make me a little leary of buying from them. Wherease I know that I will get a decent product from FW.

You got a link to the scibor ones?

I like the ones on FW, saying as I'm already ordering BA termie pads and DC rhino bits I may aswel get them from there.

You got a link to the scibor ones?

I like the ones on FW, saying as I'm already ordering BA termie pads and DC rhino bits I may aswel get them from there.

I linked them up above. Here it is again.

http://sciborminiatures.com/en_,shop.php?art=992

Here is the model that actually comes with that shield - http://sciborminiatures.com/en_,shop.php?a...l_knight_01.jpg

There is also templar style shields more in line with what FW produces.

heyho,

i recently tried to do shields myself, first one (top) with greenstoff on paperboard, second one greenstuff on plastic material. scaled the second one a bit because i like them better that way, though stormshields should be quite large - but i think that should do, too. The next ones will be more detailed i guess - i'm not that much used to green stuff yet. (the priest is just to show the sdimensions, also it's a handy-shot, therefore the rather poor quality)

greetings, humpa

http://img850.imageshack.us/img850/8626/shield.jpg

Archived