[ARTWORK]next personal piece NSFW Khorny stuff

Here is a WiP of my next personal painting that has anything to do with B&C-related things (that is, something powerarmoured).

Im going to play safe and put a little space right here to make sure that you guys get to read and understand that this, this is NOT going to be safe for work.

I wanted to get away from PG-rating, and as such there will be a huge deal invested in this interpretation of Angron, but me.

Im basing myself on what I have read, and what I have seen so far. And then Im making my own interpretation of him. This might not jive with everyone, but its my own stuf so I get to paint how I want to :P

Ok, space here. NSFW below. And as the WiP images progress, it will get less and less safe for work, you have been warned.

space

there;

http://fc01.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2011/097/2/9/wip___angron_by_1mpact-d3df0m2.jpg

Coolest rendition of Angron ever. :tu:

Though for a colrophobe you sure made him look like Pennywise. :P

but of course, he has to look scary, no?

Actually, the renders and illustrations of Pre-heresy Angron I have seen he alwas have these blood-esque patches around his eyes, and well... he's turning Khorne, no? ;)

Khlowns!

Nice, but I'm going to agree with Ecritter here - that is hardly a x-rated picture now, is it? That said if there more to come I'll be watching this space. :tu:

Its good, not your best mind you but good. I am kinda lost though .... how is this not PG-13?

Wait and see.

Im warning in the beginning of the topic, like said, it will get worse as the WiPs progress.

Nice, but I'm going to agree with Ecritter here - that is hardly a x-rated picture now, is it? That said if there more to come I'll be watching this space. ^_^

Depends on where in the world you are I guess. A guy with filed down teeth, blood on his mouth and entire lower jaw, around his eyes and his scalp flayed open so that cables can go in through the cranium... well. Last time I checked that was NOT PG-13....

this is gonna be scary good!

I hope so.

To be honest that really isn't scary in the slighest, still though its a decent start.

Well, I dont really get scared by anything besides someone hurting my closest family, that doesnt mean no one else dont find it scary though. ;)

cheers guys.

And remember, its a Work in Progress. It will evolve and eventually be completed... but not today.

Now that i look at the peice again, he looks a bit like Thom Yorke from Radiohead, definately not what Angron should look like, lol!

Why not? Imagine Thom Yorke angry all the time, with muscles and power to back it up...would scare the living daylights out of just about anyone...

:lol:

Im moving forward with it, hopefully you wont see all too much of Yorke when it progresses.

Face-peelingly good so far. I just hope all that yellow isn't the start of a lot of gold. Angron never seemed like the one to flaunt his bling; that was Sanguinius and Fulgrim's thing.

The cracked skull on the breastplate is a nice touch. I'll be awaiting further developments.

Face-peelingly good so far. I just hope all that yellow isn't the start of a lot of gold. Angron never seemed like the one to flaunt his bling; that was Sanguinius and Fulgrim's thing.

The cracked skull on the breastplate is a nice touch. I'll be awaiting further developments.

not gold, bronze.

Angron is described as having a Gold and Red armour. Im picking a slightly different route.

I am using reference for the bronze though it will look like gold at the most highlighted points (bronze does under certain lighting) it will hopefully come out as bronze from the rest of it.

cheers!

Ah, now, this is looking promising. How much scarier is it going to get? :D

Depends on how scared you will get I assume, but I have said elsewhere that my intention is to bring a whole new level of "scary" to 40k...

cheers guys!

http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2011/099/9/c/wip___angron_3_closeup_by_1mpact-d3dk9cl.jpg

Cloesup of face at the current state....

Angry enough?

Also, an update on timeline:

Before Demonhood- after Heresy

Also, after reading "after Da'shea" I decided that Angron would have naturally read eye-sockets because of the exhaustion the Agression-chip would excert even on a primarch, as well as the constant rubbing of the eyes whenever he thought something was stupid or dishonorable (he does that everytime he gets annoyed by the Emperor or the 'paper men'). Rubbing eyes with bloodied hands/gauntlets will fill sockets with bloodstains...

I dunno...to be honest it doesn't quite look like anger to me. He looks sorta stunned or groggy, like he just took a blow to the head. Something to do with the shape of the eyes or the angle of the eyebrows I think.

Then again, that could just be me :sweat:

He may not look angry, but he does look bloody, insane, dangerous...everything else I'd expect :tu: I'm still curious to see just how this image goes past the PG-13 marker :lol:

I expect Angron would have pretty groggy eyes. After all his anger would sap a lot from him; he's got modifications which constantly flood his body with all sorts of stimulants and, according to some fluff, pain to irritate him. Somewhere in there he's probably a decent person (maybe? probably not..) so I think the progress so far is good. He looks angry, but not the type of "in-the-moment-angry" but more constantly angry, like it's more deep-seated than the superficial anger we all feel sometime. He probably has a pretty hard time thinking straight and that constant struggle within himself would probably result in dopey looking eyes occasionally.

I like it!

Archived