How to best represent Canarvon

Frater Uriah

I'm making some good headway into my new Flesh Tearers force, but I have a simple question regarding the best representation FT players have for High Chaplain Canarvon. Would you say he is better represented by Lemartes, or by a Reclusiarch? I'm of mixed minds now, though I am tending to lean towards Lemartes.

Thanks!

I've thought of ways to represent him, and I think Astorath is a perfect fit. He has all the Chaplain-y rules, an Artificer armour fitting a man of Carnavon's stature and finally the super Red Thirst special rule. Since the Flaw is more prevalent in the Tearers I think a higher chance to get Red Thirst fits perfectly.

http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s317/generalhazard_album/models/carnavon.png

personaly i just say go with what you want to. make a model to fit with what you want to. my high chaplin otho can run as lemartes or a reclusiarch or common chaplin...

Thanks for the feedback, brothers! Astorath, rules-wise, seems to be the way to go. Vilicate, I agree that the axe is perfect for a Flesh Tearer, but I'm probably going to go with another model, because Astorath is a bit too long-haired to go with my image of him. Maybe I'll make the Executioner's Axe a chainaxe....

Brother Nathan, I really like the picture of Canarvon you posted: that and the Seth pic are two of my favorite Space Marine portraits. I'd really like my Canarvon to have the same, pinched, snarling quality, which means a lot of work on whatever I choose as my counts-as Astorath. I'm working on converting my Seth to look more like the savage, slightly deranged version that is the companion to the Canarvon pic.

Thanks again for the thoughts!

SamaNagol, Nice! I'd like to take a look at him when you're finished, if you could post him!

Brother nathan, That's the pic I mean! I plan to work Gabe over with an X-Acto knife and some green stuff, with some other wires and bits into his head, so I can get something similar. The new miniature, while dynamic, is missing the seriously battle-scarred, barely-suppressed rage that the picture evokes.

Archived