First turn assault

Thradok

Anybody else like doing first turn assaults? 9 KB + Slaanesh sorc in a LR with Lash, probably a DP for another chance to Lash. There are a couple ways to do it. I try not to do it often because my friends start shouting "cheese" but it sure is fun ^_^

It's not that it's not tourny standards. It's that it's a slaanesh bloke with a group of khorne marines. Add in the sorceror aspect and you've got 2 reasons they wouldn't work together. However, in the extremely likey chance I've misinterpreted their meanings then maybe just roll up, unload, detach the sorcer, draw the enemy in, charge, and move the sorceror somewhere safe.

Add in the sorceror aspect and you've got 2 reasons they wouldn't work together.

What is this fluff of which you speak? :pirate:

Tell your friends it isn't cheese... they should just deploy out of lash range and then blow you to bits with shooting :)

Maybe your friends should start to try and do something against it, instead of crying 'cheese'. To be clear: It's not even close to cheese. Unless your oppenents line their infantry up in front of your Land Raider, it's very easy to prevent. Some things:

-You can't Lash vehicles (duh). So simply having infantry inside vehicles or blocking with vehicles counters this idea right away.

-Range. You'll have about a 26" minimum, 36" maximum range with it. That's not that big. Easily prevented by non-stupid deployements.

-You need to go first.

-Psychic power needs to go off ánd you need to roll high enough on the 2d6 Lash move.

Thing is: a 'tactic' like this is not 'tourney standard' (way too weak for that, too easily countered and relies on a lot of factors), it's not fluffy ánd it is strong against 'noobs'.

So unless you like... I dunno, owning 'noobs' with it, then I don't see much reason why to do such a thing.

Of course that's personal, so if you like trying this by all means do so.

Sounds like a fun thing to try, but like others have stated it isn't too difficult to counter with deployment and anti-psi.

The fluff-monster that resides in me wouldn't use it. Now replace the Khorne Berserkers with Noise Marines set up for assault (doom siren + power weapon champ), it would be fun to try a couple of times. You lose the +1 S, but you keep the +1 I and add a Marine-killer template.

Let me clarify, "cheese" the very first time I did it, and now only because it's dumb that a Slaanesh Sorcerer can legally be with a group of Khorne Berzerkers

Really, just wanted to know if anyone else found this (or similar) amusing to use on occasion.

Archived