wip "dante"

Lorenzen

hey all, after working on malakim phoros for a friend, i started to get the blood angel bug again.. and after repurposing everything non blood angel specific to my fire angel project (90% of the way to completion for a 1750 army now) i decided to use what i had left to make a sanguinary guard army..

now the first hurdle for me was the fact that i dont like the dante model, or any of the blood angel character models outside of lemartes for that matter, so decided it was time to get the sculpting hat on and play about..

http://i224.photobucket.com/albums/dd199/typhion/DSC00539.jpg

so far this is what ive got, the death mask wasnt something i wanted to put on the model because i think faces = 90% of the character of any model i do (except chaplains who invariably get the same chaos psuedo skull helm if im making them) not sure wether to do the list in the traditional gold of the bangles.. or in the white of the successor chapter that ive forgotten the name of.. angels encarmine???

still a fair amount of work to be done before hes primed, but i thought id show him off anyway.

Well I am a huge fan of the sanguinary guard kit, but I absolutely hate the nipples on them. I shaved the nip's off each of mine and was far happier, though this is entirely a personal taste thing.

Other than the obvious (which I'm positive you fully plan to clean up) slightly messy right arm pit area, the model is ace. The posing is fantastic, really has a dynamic feel. The base is going to look great with a bit of rubble around it. The gs hair looks great and the choice of head is spot on. I am curious what you used for the ribbons. Is that plasticard I see? If so what thickness and how are you getting it to hold those shapes?

i think the plasticard is about 1mm.. its been heated up to hold that shape permanently.. i just held it over my electric hob until it went totally limp, then bent it into the shapes i wanted.. takes a bit of practice as it hardens again quite quickly, but it works.

the arm pit will be sorted out (especially since i called you out on it on mordrak :whistling: ) and the gun barrel will be drilled out..

Archived