Grey Knight Storm Raven .. Advice wanted

Soooo i have 2 SR's to paint, and want a silver styled stormraven , quite similar to the one on the back of the box i guess. only maybe a shade darker as it's a bit in your face silver for me...

I was wondering has anyone had success using the citadel sprayer to basecoat boltgun metal ? or are metalics a big Fail when that is concerned? I'd like to try and reduce / minimise the brush strokes that will appear doing it by hand.

I had a quick search but i cant find other guides about silver stormravens

Any advice appreciated

Marshall

Not to sure bout the citadel sprayer but I myself use a metallic spray can to cover large areas of metal there are loads of different brands out there also if you find the silver too bright and in your face dull it down with a couple washes of badab black or even maybe couple washes of brown as this will give a more worn look to the Hull. Hope this helps

Jim

Don't know about the Citadel spray gun, but I have a regular airbrush which I do most of my larger mini's with.

If you use the Vallejo air colour "Gun" it's pretty much identical to BGM (Boltgun Metal) and covers beautifully.

You have to be cairful when using airbrushes/spray guns and make sure you get a good consistency. Not too thick and not too thin - practice on scrap card or sprue first!!

And make surey ou clean thoroughly as well.

Hope that helps :P

As an aised, I will be usign the airbrush to basecoat all of my GK infantry, so if I remember, when it's done I'll put up pics for you.

Cheers

Archived