optimisation and synergies in the blood angels codex

hexonxonx

Just the way I play, and the way I've been playing Blood Angels since I started (many, many years ago :P ), I've always played them as a very balanced force. For my playstyle, I've found what works the best for me is a balanced list with force multipliers in the form of a librarian and a pair of priests. An assault squad with a priest with power weapon attached, and a librarian with Unleash Rage will reliably chew through several units...thats 8 WS5 S5 I5 power weapon attacks, 27 WS4 S5 I5 normal attacks, and then 3 I1 S9 Thunder Hammer attack when it charges at full strength, with the attacks being re-rollable if the librarian gets his power off. I have been reliably informed by my opponents that it, to say the least, stings, and with a bit of fire support to knock off a few early wounds it can splatter monstrous creatures (beaten a Talos a few times this way and a carnifex or two).

Multipliers in a balanced list is my style, but BA have a lot of ways to play. I'd recommend avoiding a mech army if you want one that plays differently to your Khorne force. Since you've expressed a desire to avoid special characters, that rules out the Goldwing/Nipplewing (all sanguinary guard army led by Dante), and the Astorath all-DC fest, but leaves most options open...I'd be tempted to recommend trying a Descent of Angels army, where everything deep strikes in from reserve. For that you'll want mostly assault squads, some priests (to keep guys alive), and maybe a vanguard squad or two. If its DoA lists you're after though, there are much better people around the forum than me to ask.

Hope that helps :D

Say if I wanted to give a claw to a RAS sarg, would I just covert the claw from a terminator? (seams not right in my head, would this work?) or is there somewhere else to get a claw from? (I'm pretty sure nothing I have bought in power armour has a claw on the sprue, only cc termys)

The Space wolves pack box has a pair of PA claws. One of them requires a bit more trimming to get the wolf iconography off.

http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/...dId=prod260003a

claws are visible on the second sprue pic

I seriously think that every space marine player should buy one of these for conversions and bits. TH&SS, double handed power weapon, special weapons, double edged chain swords, scout heads, scout plasma pistol... and so on. You can't use every part of the set for a non space wolf chapter, but the majority only requires a bit of work with the knife.

Yeah I've heard that this box set is good for pimping stuff, the double sided chainswords sound brutal!!

I don't have the box infront of me but do you think I could just convert a terminator powerclaw?

Yeah I've heard that this box set is good for pimping stuff, the double sided chainswords sound brutal!!

I don't have the box infront of me but do you think I could just convert a terminator powerclaw?

Sure, they are near identical. Surplus weapons from the terminator assault squad are very useful too.

Sure, they are near identical. Surplus weapons from the terminator assault squad are very useful too.

Cool, I'm kitting mine up 2 LC and 3 TH/SS so I'll have plenty of LC's left over! I have a box of them at the moment but I'm waiting for FW BA terminator pads next week and some better SS's too, gonna use Black Templar ones from FW too I think. (I gotta pimp everything and make I look more blood angel looking, even if it's just the shoulder icons)

Archived