Honoured Imperial Space Marine statue

Wow. That's amazing work. How do you plan to paint it (marble, copper, steel)?

Minor nitpick is the aquila on the axe...it feels heretical to see one displayed upside down, even though it would be right side up when wielded. It feels similar to hanging an inverted crusifix or something, at least on a 40K level. :P

Thanks for your comments. I do agree that from the front he does look like he is standing in a box!

In answer to ShinyRhino, I was toying with leaving out all Imperial Eagles as I wanted to indicate how old this monument was and I know that Imperial Eagles weren't always displayed on earlier marks of armour and not all chapters were allowed to display them.

When I eventually get around to painting this, I was thinking of having the statue painted in bronze with bits of verdigree in all of the recesses to indicate how old this monument is. I have seen the tutorial for this in a recent WD.

For the plinth and altar, I was thinking of marble. Does anyone have any painting tutorials to do this?

For the skull column, I was thinking of dark grey, dry brushed light grey - similar to what I have seen GW do when they paint rock. Again, any painting tutorials/paint required would be appreciated

Skulls and skeleton parts will be painted bone White.

I'm open to suggestions on the floor paint scheme.

• 2 months later...

First paint job in 6 years!!

http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff118/philmorgan75/P1030310.jpg

I have been trying to copy the bronze effect I have seen in WD. I need to get some burnished gold to give it another dry brushing before I pluck up the courage to start adding some verdigree into the nooks and crannies.

As you can see, my Honoured Imperium Space Marine Statue has found a brother armed with a double handed power sword!

http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff118/philmorgan75/P1030308.jpg

The second one was built mainly from silicon press moulds taken from my first sculpt and this was built quicker, however it still took best part of two weeks of evening work and then waiting for more rivets to arrive from America before I could get it finished. I ran out of normal milliput half way through and stupidly bought the cheapest milliput I could find on ebay and didn't realise until I opened that it was terracota coloured! Works the same but it took a bit of getting use to the different colour.

http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff118/philmorgan75/P1030309.jpg

Rivets and power cable were added from tichytrain and zinge industries as they didn't all come out very well from the moulds.

I think I'll move on to painting the second one on the weekend.

Regards, Brother Morgan.

Finished painting the second statue:

http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff118/philmorgan75/P1030314.jpg

I'm not going to paint any verdigree on this one as I'm going to sell it and will leave it up to the new owner if they want that effect or not.

Right back to painting the verdigree on the first statue. Wish me luck!!!!!!!

Regards, Brother Morgan.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Timely update time!

gallery_28844_7367_64227.jpg

Just need to finish the black undercoated plinth. I want to paint it marble like.

gallery_28844_7367_557023.jpg

Closer look at the statue.

gallery_28844_7367_898543.jpg

Closer look at the statue base.

To finish this off, I need to paint the plinth a marble effect as well as all the piles of skulls and the Imperial Eagle flagstone base.

Another couple of months and this should be finished!!

Toodle pips, Brother Morgan.

Archived