Naming your Furioso with blood talons

Zeller

So I picked one of these babies up yesterday at LGS and had him built to play in two games. The first against GK and the second against infantry heavy IG. Needless to say this dreadnought butchered, blended, whirled, steam fried, and ribbonized anything it touched - as one would expect. The question is what to name the dread. During the building process I couldn't help but think the blood talon fist would be great for performing a vasectomy specifically on space marines since the power weapon nature of the weapon would ignore the huge cod peices covered the Emperor's son's happy place. The name Vasectomus is currently on the list of names along with Mulcher.

What fun-filled names have you guys given your blood talon furies?

My Furioso doesn't have blood talons, he has the frag cannon, blood fist and heavy flamer. He's been painted gold so I call him The Golden Fury. I need to think up an actual name I guess.

My DC Dread has the blood talons and he's called Reaper as I put a pic of a grim reaper on a flag and stuck it on top instead of the flag with the saltires (?) like the one in the codex picture.

He needs a real too.

~Edit~ Vasectomus makes me cringe. lol

My Furioso doesn't have blood talons, he has the frag cannon, blood fist and heavy flamer. He's been painted gold so I call him The Golden Fury. I need to think up an actual name I guess.

Every time you fire the frag cannon and flamer you should loudly proclaim; "Taste my golden spray, heretic/mutant/alien/traitor!"

I tend to keep the names of mine along the names for which I give my standard Marines.... Greek in theme, so my Furiosos are Athanas (Immortal), Deimos (Terror/Fear), Erebos (Darkness), Haimon (Bloody) and Kerberos (Demon of the Pit).

Other than that... Cuisinart

I thought of saying my DC Dread is Captin Tyco after he fell to the black rage but I don't think people will go for that fluff-wise, ha,ha.

I haven't thought of naming him myself I just thought of goin with one of the DC Dreads who already exist like Sygnus or the more famous one which I've embarrassingly forgot his name, whoops, haha.

My two dreads are:

Furioso with Blood Talons: Revered Brother Morgaris the Wrathful

Librarian Dreadnought: Revered Brother Cassiel the Wise

The "Revered Brother" prefix I use as a sign of the fact that he is already dead sort of. I saw it once somewhere and I loved it so I am sticking with it and it makes for some cool sounding long names (Emperor be thanked for the size of the Dread base, it fits without trouble)

Also, 1Drop, the name you forgot is Moriar.

My Furioso is named Honored Brother Demos Khiron. I even made a back story about him being a member of the 1st Company during the Blackfang Crusade. I was inspired by Aventine, and have started naming and doing back stories for both my BA and DE armies.

I have a list of greek names and meanings, amoung other cultures (I compiled lists so when I GM it does not take me three days to come up with a name for a character my players are likely going to try and kill within the first two hours of his use), and I noticed a greek/latin lean in Marine names. It has come in handy naming my Sergeants and dreads, though I am going to start throwing some more latin names into the mix with any new squads I purchase. So my first dread, an old school all metal, is a Furiouso Dreadnaught named Acheron (River of Woe). And man has that name fit, in all my battles starting in third edition he has fallen in just one battle (against orcs, and the resulting explosion wiped out the squad that did it, he earned 500 points of killing in a 1,000 point battle) and normally accounts for three to four hundreds points of enemy dead with not a scratch on him. He also defeated a buddy of mine's wall when he got frustrated and tossed Acheron into it (Acheron had just wiped out a Falcon, a wave serpent, a squad of howling banshees, an advatar of the Blood Handed God, and a Wraithlord in a single battle; the dice were with me, sweeping advances ruled back then, and my buddy failed to realize the importance of the movement phase). Acheron went right thru the dry wall without so much as a scratch on the paint (that old thick GW gloss varnish was tough stuff). I would have been upset, but considering the only damage was to my buddy's wall I chose instead to point out another victory for the Blood Angels.

The other three are named after titans and gods.

Dreadnaught Basilio (Assault Cannon Dread)

Dreadnaught Enceladus (AoBR Dread)

Dreadnaught Hyperion (Fire Support Dread)

Every time you fire the frag cannon and flamer you should loudly proclaim; "Taste my golden spray, heretic/mutant/alien/traitor!"

Haha, I'm not too sure about that <_<

But yeah, now I'm researching names thanks to this thread.

Well I just bought a second one today. <_< Given that they can't both have the same blender themed name I was thinking maybe something around the base like "Flesh-flayer 3000 BY RONCO." Maybe some fun names on the base rim with the serious name on the model's scrolls.

I run with two furisos in my lists:

Venerated Brother Israphael (blood fists, flamer, extra armor), and Venerated Brother Gorgol (who used to be just like Israphael, but lately has been rocking a Frag Cannon).

The recent addidtion has been Honored Brother Aamon, a DC dreadnought with talons. And he has been nothing short of carnage on two stumpy legs. Last game he held an entire flank solo against some hive guard, a tervigon and swarms of 'gants.

Haha, I'm not too sure about that ;)

"The Big Hit" is such an unappreciated movie :(

Now that we have actual claws again, do I have to de-claw my modded Bjorn?

Nope. You see Bjorn has wolfy claws which are thicker, doglike, and less dextrous compared to our thinner and more talon like claws. I suppose you could have both dreadnoughts meet in battle and compare claws...see who's bigger...that sort of thing.

I tend to keep the names of mine along the names for which I give my standard Marines.... Greek in theme, so my Furiosos are Athanas (Immortal), Deimos (Terror/Fear), Erebos (Darkness), Haimon (Bloody) and Kerberos (Demon of the Pit).

Other than that... Cuisinart

I would combine them for longer names, like Brother Haimon Deimos (Bloody Terror), and Brother Athanas Deimos (Immortal Fear), and their close companion Brother Athanas Erebos (Immortal Darkness). Awesome names though, mind if i use them? :)

Archived