[Artwork]Scion of Mars - by colrouphobic

Yodhrin

Thought I'd post this over here as well as Warseer, because I'm bloody chuffed with it :D

This is a commission by colrouphobic of a Skitarii, to give me a more thorough idea of how I want my own miniature conversions/sculpts to progress. The GW concept of Skitarii as just more chaps in robes never sat well with me, which is why I was such a fan of the more bestial archetype put forth in Titanicus and Mechanicum, and I think David has done a fantastic job blending the Greco-Roman warrior aspect of the armour into the Mechanicus' brutal disregard for human flesh.

The highlights for me have to be the face and the gun arm - I see a new detail every time I look at the head, and I love the offputting distension of the left forearm around the weapon.

Enjoy, and hopefully one day soon I'll be able to do justice to the concept with some models, heh.

http://img833.imageshack.us/img833/8445/skitariifinal.jpg

EDIT: Just so everyone is absolutely clear, this is not my work, I merely commissioned it from someone with actual talent :P I realised that the "I'M bloody chuffed with it" phrase might introduce some ambiguity, and wanted to ensure credit goes to whom it is due.

Archived