Angels Encarmine markings

Gv0zD

Hi, everybody!

I'm currently building my new army, and I'm considering switching from Blood Angels to their successor. I've recently posted my questions related to Blood Drinkers color sheme and iconography, and now I'm interested in Angels Encarmine. From what I know, the only successor chapter that don't follow BA markings (helmet colors, squad markings, company symbols) is Blood Drinkers. But the Angels Encarmine assault marine shown in BA dex has no yellow helmet. I'm a bit confused. Do they also follow Codex markings, or it's just editors' mistake? I've also noticed that the same model represents Exorcists in Vanilla Dex (except that his icons are photoshopped). :)

I don't believe it was an editors mistake. Not everyone wants to paint their red marines with yellow, blue and gold helmets. The company and squad markings are still there on the right shoulder and the right knee.

I personally use the trim on the shoulder pads to indicate rank. Red shoulder pad with gold trim indicates veteran. Black shoulder pad with gold trim indicates veteran sgt.

But if you're asking if there is anything in the codex that mentions their deviation- no there isn't.

Thanks for the input!

I'd like to add the sentiment about poor work on successor fluff. The text describing AE in Codex is almost the same as the one in Angels of Death, except that they added the weird name Zargo, the chapter master...

I think I'll test different schemes wirh SM painter and see what fits AE better.

Archived