Defiler rotating question

caboosebe

I'm working on my Deffy at the moment, and magnatising the guy for easy transport, weapon change, weapon destroyed, etc.

Now, currently, I've put a magnet under the belly of the battlecannon box. This box normally comes onto a semi round platform wich is then put on the defiler legs-body.

This makes a great effect that my battlecannon box can now rotate due to the magnets.

But if my defiler would be immobilised during a game. Could he still rotate to fire his cannon?

If I remember correctly, even if your vehicle is immobilised, you could still rotate guns, but can a defiler rotate on the semi round platform fluffwise, or is this just a byproduct of my tinkering?

Thank you for your time

Nutcase Caboose

With all of you talking about defilers lately and magnetizing them I think I'm going to have to buy myself one because it just seems like a neat idea. Where do you all usually get magnets at out of curiosity? Sorry for adding onto your post Caboo but I think it can rotate.

Jeske has it right. Walkers, unless specifically noted (none of them do), are not turret-mounted. When it becomes immobilized it cannot spin; that yours (and mine!) can is simply a byproduct of hobby-related tinkering.

I get my magnets from www.Gaussboys.com.

Ok thanks for the replies.

Still love my rotating deffy though :)

I get my magnets from http://www.supermagnete.de/eng/ but it's Europe based, so don't know if it has any value to you.

If it does, I can say that it's definatly worth it, a 2by2 mm magnet is holding my deffy's reaper autocannon up by its self.

If it doesn't I think seahawks link will be best place to try.

Again thanks for the replies.

Did this to my Deffy as well, though the legs still annoy me because I couldn't think of a good way to mag those.

As for magnets:

K&J Magnets are good. US based. They sell Neodymium magnets which have a strong field. (rare earth metal magnet)

Warning: Don't try and snap these magnets together, they will break if you let them bash into one another.

Oh and if you try to experiment and get 2 1"x1" cubes, DO NOT pinch yourself..take it from experience.

http://www.kjmagnetics.com/products.asp?cat=10

Walkers say they "pivot on the spot," while Immobilized says "may not turn in place." Both of these statements end up meaning the exact same thing so no, they cannot turn in place/pivot on the spot once immobilized, by RAW. It doesn't matter one jot that it doesn't count as moving; GW was prepared for that kind of interpretation (for once).

Archived