What does a Signum do these days?

It's on page 58 in the codex.

Thanks. That was me rather good. I just... didn't realise it was a weapon. Which it has never been xD

Yeah, it feels like it would fit better in the Equipment section and not in Wargear.

Thanks. That was me rather good. I just... didn't realise it was a weapon. Which it has never been xD

Yeah, it feels like it would fit better in the Equipment section and not in Wargear.

I remember the 3rd edition non-sense effect. Shoot at infiltrators within 3d6 inches. Great. I'm thinking it might actually make a single las or plasma cannon viable in a 3 ML devastator squad. Hmmmm....

I remember the 3rd edition non-sense effect. Shoot at infiltrators within 3d6 inches.

That was the Auspex.

Can this be placed in any unit?

On the inside cover of the codex in the bottom left hand corner is a regular Tactical Marine with one in his hand. This, along with there being a lose Signum in the Command Squad box set, leads me to believe that it can be placed in any unit.

Does this mean any model in that unit can fire their weapon on BS5 or only the one holding the Signum?

Can it be used unlimited times per game or only once?

Can more than one unit take a Signum?

If a Captain has a Signum does the whole army benefit?

Can I have one?

On the inside cover of the codex in the bottom left hand corner is a regular Tactical Marine with one in his hand. This, along with there being a lose Signum in the Command Squad box set, leads me to believe that it can be placed in any unit.

The handheld scanner is an Auspex not a Signum - since the Auspex (and its equivalents in other armies) do not exist under 5th edition you can give them to whoever you like but they have no in-game effect.

The Signum is the big sensor array on the sergeants backpack in the Devastator box.

Pg. 58 of the Blood Angels codex.

Signum- It is a special Communication device that can access a myriad of useful targeting data, allowing a more accurate concentration of fire. A model with the signum can use it instead of firing his weapon. If he does so, one model in his unit has BS5 for the rest of the shooting phase. Declare if using it before any rolls to hit are made.

Models that have it are as follows- Devastator squad Sargent.

This is not word for word, but nothing important was left out. :huh:

The handheld scanner is an Auspex not a Signum - since the Auspex (and its equivalents in other armies) do not exist under 5th edition you can give them to whoever you like but they have no in-game effect.

The Signum is the big sensor array on the sergeants backpack in the Devastator box.

Thanks for clearing that up for me

Archived