ForgeWorld Thunderhawk Gunship

Fulminata

I have been away in a faraway country for the past 6 months. Some of my hard-earned money will go to buying a ForgeWorld Thunderhawk Gunship. I was just wondering if anyone knew how many pieces it comes in, any advice on how to assemble said gunship, and any tricks to make it transportable? Pictures would be appreciated as well. Thank you.

Like any big Forgeworld kit, the quailty of the casting will vary immensely from person to person. I have a Reaver Titan that was very well cast except for the barrels of my gatling blaster, and I've seen T-hawk kits that were both badly warped and quite well done. If you're really interested in getting a T-hawk, I'd be prepared to get out the very hot water and reshape some of the larger bits like the wings to make them straight.

Transportability.....well, you could get a lot of rare earth magnets and magnetize the wings, but I'm not sure how feasible that would be. The kit is GIGANTIC (approx 2 foot from wingtip to wingtip) and heavy as hell.

Good luck thought, whatever you choose to do. I hope you choose to post pictures of your effort!

Its a pain, plain and simple. I have one and nothing fits together right. Its not just that it is warped slightly, which the main fuselage was. Its that every piece seems to be at a slightly different scale to each other, by only a few millimeters. But when you are trying to make stuff fit together and there are interior pieces, doesn't work so well. I still like mine, and if you want it then get it. Just be prepared for some major work.

Archived