Dead Man's Hand

AGPO

What it says on the tin.

I'm in the process of making 'counts as' versions of the BA special characters for my Angels Sanguine/Encarmine army. I've read the rules description of Dead Man's Hand but can't find a fluff reference to it. What is this weapon and what do you think would be a fair way of representing it? I'm building two versions of Tycho - one will be the captain of the Angels Sanguine Second Company (using the 'captain' profile) and the other a fallen Sanguinary Guard from the Angels Encarmine to lead my foot Death Company, who will obviously use the DC profile. I'd like the two models to be very different but still recognisably Tycho for WYSIWYG purposes. Any ideas?

The original Tycho had jokaero digital weapons that made him better in CC. Although the effect of those 2nd ed wargear cards (extra S3 attack in cc if I remember correctly) was nothing like the current codex I guess it's a combination of those and him just being a really tough/doomed guy.

Oddly enough Tycho's CC weapon is his Bolt Pistol, strictly speaking.

One way to model the DMH effect might be to "dress up" his off hand a bit with some pointy fingers or such, then paint the gauntlet in the object source lighting style to give it that power-weapon look.

His weapon is his power-armored glove. I guess he has a huge pile of digital weapon's in it, or it's the glove version of a powerfist xD

a regular sized power fist is exactly the type of wonder gadget those jokaero weapon smiths could come up with.

As others said - his CC weapon is his PA glove. The digiweapon is built in it, and from I know it looks like a ring put on his glove, so frankly speaking, you don't have to point out DMH. However, as Volcatus suggested, painting the lighting bolts on his hand is a sound idea.

you could model tycho using an orks power claw to beat the ork to death.

Too associated with Yarrick :woot:

How about beating an ork to death using another ork?

you could model tycho using an orks power claw to beat the ork to death.

Too associated with Yarrick :)

How about beating an ork to death using another ork?

That sounds more like the Death company version. Angery to a degree that his rage knows no bounds, and the limits to what counts as a weapon are clearly defined only by ones own imigination.

Is it just me or if you use him as a counts as tycho then i'm sure he can't lead your death company as he suffers from the same rule as Mephiston.... He ain't an independant character, he's a 1 man unit.?? I may be wrong as a result of late nites and lack of energy drinks (Coffee just doesn't do it for me anymore) so fire away with the corrections to my argument

Is it just me or if you use him as a counts as tycho then i'm sure he can't lead your death company as he suffers from the same rule as Mephiston.... He ain't an independant character, he's a 1 man unit.?? I may be wrong as a result of late nites and lack of energy drinks (Coffee just doesn't do it for me anymore) so fire away with the corrections to my argument

Sadly you are correct. DC Tycho can't join any squads, even a DC.

Hell I hate to be right on this. Cheers JamesI for confirming what I feared..... never mind Put tycho in a raven with a talon dread for company!!! Mwhahahaha. No wait how bout Mephiston with a talon dread. Decisions decisions

Drat you're right. It's annoying as in the fluff he leads thedeath company into the breach during his final battle. It would be so easily covered by saying he could only join Death Company. Oh well, I suppose I could just model him for the heck of it anyway.

I could, if it were not for the following:

a) Tycho is very much associated with the Blood Angels, I want something unique to my own chapter

:lol: He has no helmet, and all Angels Sanguine wear helmets

c) I don't actually like the Tycho model

Archived