CC Hammers.

calgaryBA

I'm just seeing what everybody's using for their assault hammer unit, and what you'd like to try but haven't. There's so many options, and each one suits a slightly different list or sitaution. Are some of you using more than one unit?

Death company stormraven consisting of 7 to 10 DC with TH, PF and maybe a couple of PW's too, Lemartes, DC Dread with blood talons, magna grapple and melta

CC terminator and Libby furioso stormraven with 5 cc termis, 2 LC and 3 TH/SS and TDA sang priest and librarian furioso.

LRR with 5 cc terminators TDA sang priest and TDA libby

These are the three hammer units I am working on at the moment, I am yet to play with them though so can't give you any advice on how to use them etc but I can assure you they will get the job done!

DC raven :

6 marines + lemartes + powerfist ; good for hordes + can handle veichles and lemartes gets really mean when he looses one wound... And I love rerolls...

Blood talon DC dreadnought: only thing this thing can't handle is stuff with too many stomshields/ other walkers with str 10 close combat weapons and monstrous creatures with more than initiative 5 or Toughness 7-8(c'tan... wraithlords...Dreadknight can also be a pain)

Also these units ain't uber costy for their killyness... they lack durability though

Yeah bro, you have the same idea as me when it comes to mashin' squishies.

I need to get this land raider list rollin' though, there's something about a land raider full of TDA that really screams 'HAMMER' at me.

10 vanguard veterans with 4 PW and 2 PF, all jump packs, combat squadded and younhave 2 unit a of semi-sacrificial killyness.

10 DC and lemartes , 3 PW,2 thunder hammers, in stormraen. With an assault vehicle and re re rolls on the charge this can kill anything.

5 termies, 4 TH, redeemer with libby unleash rage, and sang priest with power weapon. In a redeemer. This gets 8 S5 I5 attacks on top of the 4 lightening claws with re rolls and the same stats AND the thunder hammers with three attacks each with all of em re rolling to hit. Finally they are tough enough to withstand a glancing vindicator blow.

Not so much hammer as guillotine:

Dante

5 Sang Guard, Chapter Banner

Sang Priest, PW or LC, Ip or Combi-melta

If you're not going to take the death masks you might as well go with an honor guard instead.

I'll admit that's it doubling up, but at least you'll have the option to remove Dante while keeping the effect. For the amount of points you'd spend on that unit you might as well.

vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv

Doesn't that overload the LRR? I think you'd need a Crusader to fit that lot in.

Yeah quite possibly, I haven't built the unit yet but I wanted to use the LRR for it's twin flamestorms! But yeah I think I could only fit 6 TDA models inside, my bad.

Doesn't that overload the LRR? I think you'd need a Crusader to fit that lot in.

Yeah quite possibly, I haven't built the unit yet but I wanted to use the LRR for it's twin flamestorms! But yeah I think I could only fit 6 TDA models inside, my bad.

The two other blokes don't have to have TDA, and then you can cram them all in.

Dante

If you're not going to take the death masks you might as well go with an honor guard instead.

I'll admit that's it doubling up, but at least you'll have the option to remove Dante while keeping the effect. For the amount of points you'd spend on that unit you might as well.

Death Masks suck, I'm sorry to say. If they made the unit test with a malus to Ld, they might be useful, but unfortunatly, that is not the case.

Besides, SG are troops with Dante. That's one of the main reasons to take them. HG are great, but in the grand scheme of things, I prefer to take them as a shooty unit due to having excellent CC options elsewhere in the FOC.

Dante

Death Masks suck, I'm sorry to say. If they made the unit test with a malus to Ld, they might be useful, but unfortunatly, that is not the case.

Besides, SG are troops with Dante. That's one of the main reasons to take them. HG are great, but in the grand scheme of things, I prefer to take them as a shooty unit due to having excellent CC options elsewhere in the FOC.

I just thought that with the HG you could drop the sang priest, add a chaplain and sprinkle with some lightning claws. Lot's of tasty rerolls on both wounds and hits that way while staying at a similar points level.

5 space marines bikes sarge with Power weapon, and melta bombs. 2 Melta guns.

Sapce Marines Captain On a bike with twin lightning claws and Meltabombs.

Sanguinary Priest on a Bike, with Infernus Pistol, and Power weapon and Meltabombs

I fear no Dangerous Terrain check. Yes it's fewer attacks than an assult squad but with it's own 3+ cover save for turbo boosting, and 3 melta guns cracking any transport open, and moping up the squad inside is fairly easy to do, and fun. Though I added the melta bombs after the last tournement when this squad almost got taken apart by a Dreadnaught. I am also considering adding a Chaplin on a bike just to give the rerolls on the charge.

5 space marines bikes sarge with Power weapon, and melta bombs. 2 Melta guns.

Sapce Marines Captain On a bike with twin lightning claws and Meltabombs.

Sanguinary Priest on a Bike, with Infernus Pistol, and Power weapon and Meltabombs

I fear no Dangerous Terrain check. Yes it's fewer attacks than an assult squad but with it's own 3+ cover save for turbo boosting, and 3 melta guns cracking any transport open, and moping up the squad inside is fairly easy to do, and fun. Though I added the melta bombs after the last tournement when this squad almost got taken apart by a Dreadnaught. I am also considering adding a Chaplin on a bike just to give the rerolls on the charge.

Hah! I really like the sounds of this! Nobody here uses bikers so I'm not familiar with the 3+ cover for turbo boosting. Thanks for posting, this is definitely going to the drawing board.

Hah! I really like the sounds of this! Nobody here uses bikers so I'm not familiar with the 3+ cover for turbo boosting. Thanks for posting, this is definitely going to the drawing board.

Bike squads are easily over looked as an option because the base squad is 90 points For 3 guys, but for a fast attack they are suprising inexpensive.

Dante

I just thought that with the HG you could drop the sang priest, add a chaplain and sprinkle with some lightning claws. Lot's of tasty rerolls on both wounds and hits that way while staying at a similar points level.

Right, let's see about this:

S.G 200 points

Priest w. Jump Pack and Power Weapon 90 points

19 power weapon attacks on charge, re-rolls on 5 of those

Honour guard:

4 x Lightning Claw, Jump Packs 225 points

Chaplain Jump Pack 125 points

16 power weapon attacks, with re-rolls on t.h and t.w, 4 normal attacks

So, for just 60 points more, you've just bought yourself less attacks, worse saves and worse guns. Power Weapons would

possibly be better bang for the buck than the claws, but then the unit still does less damage after the charge than the SG and priest.

The banner only makes the S.G better than it does the honour guard, as their novitate can't have power weapons.

As an added bonus, a battle cannon floors the unit.

Right, let's see about this:

S.G 200 points

Priest w. Jump Pack and Power Weapon 90 points

19 power weapon attacks on charge, re-rolls on 5 of those

Honour guard:

4 x Lightning Claw, Jump Packs 225 points

Chaplain Jump Pack 125 points

16 power weapon attacks, with re-rolls on t.h and t.w, 4 normal attacks

So, for just 60 points more, you've just bought yourself less attacks, worse saves and worse guns. Power Weapons would

possibly be better bang for the buck than the claws, but then the unit still does less damage after the charge than the SG and priest.

The banner only makes the S.G better than it does the honour guard, as their novitate can't have power weapons.

As an added bonus, a battle cannon floors the unit.

Has it been FAQ'd that the noviate can't get a power weapon?

IMO the 2 squads are for different purposes. Honor guard with banner and PW's are a pretty cheap high I power unit in a MEQ force where you don't have to spend 50 points on jump packs, and 50 points on a priest to get furious charge.

210 points for 20x I5 S5 PW attacks on the charge with another 5 non PW attacks and FNP. Good stuff.

Archived