reclaimers predator

cassar

This is a mess about i wanted to try something different so i went for the tiger stripe camo, i wanted the effect to emulate wind blown grass lands. The mud is pva glue mixed in with milliput dust

http://coolminiornot.com/pics/pics13/img498b433fac816.jpg

Well....it's definitely different. I'm not quite sure what to make of it really. On the one hand, it shows a clinically psychotic level of dedication to detail for a single model, and is accomplished with no shortage of skill. On the other, it's disturbingly unfamiliar in an Astartes world of big block colors with no concern for camouflage and borders on a Magic Eye poster with it's complexity.

I didn't think tigerstripe camo was quite so detailed on a micro level. This looks like a zebra from the Wizard of Oz....with guns.

Sorry, I know that may all sound rather negative, but I'm just poking fun. I like it, and I respect your abilities and patience in accomplishing such a feat, I just can't look at it too long before my eyes start to cross. Guess that helps on the battlefield though :D

Had to take my glasses off to save my eyes :P I think it's the monotone back ground and my eyes trying to adjust between the tank and the BG. Maybe take the other pics against say a green BG so as I (we) can see the pred (whatever else you have) better with out getting a headache.

Quite a neat tank, To me it looks like the pred. is covered in green flames instead of grass. But that's my opinion. I know loyalist tanks lack standard details (unlike Chaos) but your pred is incredibly detailed, I like it. Truly unique and original.

I dread/want to see a land raider, let alone a whole army in that pattern. I'm sure my eyes will explode, not only because of the godly levels of detail but the pattern too.

I love how it turned out. The camo pattern is quite amazing, especially at this scale. The only real challenge I see with this is that you can't have just one vehicle painted this way, you'll have to do all of them like this.

Which would be singularly freaking awesome looking and you'll never have to worry about someone else showing up with an army that looks like yours.

Bravo!

Also, as far as going against the grain goes, if you don't have the rest of the army planned out yet, you can definitely get away with this if you put it in the Badab War.

Obviously took a lot of time, but unfortunately I am not sold on the final product.

You might want to consider breaking the pattern camo on certain areas (for example, on the middle section of the weapon barrel) just to relax the effect that such a small and detailed pattern has.

If you don't mind a bit of constructive criticism, I have something to say.

First off, the model looks awesome. The camoflauge scheme is just phenomenal. It really is. And your mud is very realistic. I like it a lot.

But if it got that dirty from being in the battle, you'd think that there would be scratch marks or weathering in some other places. Also, if the tank had ever fired its main cannon, it would screw up the paint around the muzzle of the weapon with scorch marks or something. I'm just throwing that out there as something to think about for your future painting projects. But to me, it looks like it drove right off the showroom floor and straight into a mud puddle.

Just trying to help. I still think that thing would win a painting competition in its current condition.

If you don't mind a bit of constructive criticism, I have something to say.

First off, the model looks awesome. The camoflauge scheme is just phenomenal. It really is. And your mud is very realistic. I like it a lot.

But if it got that dirty from being in the battle, you'd think that there would be scratch marks or weathering in some other places. Also, if the tank had ever fired its main cannon, it would screw up the paint around the muzzle of the weapon with scorch marks or something. I'm just throwing that out there as something to think about for your future painting projects. But to me, it looks like it drove right off the showroom floor and straight into a mud puddle.

Just trying to help. I still think that thing would win a painting competition in its current condition.

Aaaah the refreshing cold water of reality splashed in the face..lol no really you are spot on i should maybe add some realism to it.....unless they just drove it staight out of the predator showroom and took the short cut home lol

but yep all valid points cheers everyone, the dazzle ship stuff does attract attention.

Wow that’s interesting, to say the least. Good job on painting it, takes a lot of patience to get that kind of pattern right, although looking at it, it really is a thing of taste. Personally I wouldn’t paint marines like this, Imp. Guard maybe. But Marines, certainly not.

As said before it is a complete personal thing, which does nothing to change the fact that you made a really nice model!

Laters

Archived