Honour Companies

AGPO

I remember really liking the idea, when it first emerged in Codex: Eye of Terror of the Ultramarines Honour Company - a company made up of individual squads and marines assigned from various successors to protect the Cadian Gate. Now the scions of Sanguinius seem like a pretty tight bunch, certainly tighter than the Ultrasmurfs are with a lot of their successors, but on the other hand we're quite low on numbers. Can you see a scenario where the Blood Angels and their successors would form an honour company. Personally, I think it makes a lot of sense that there would be one on Baal atm as a) the chapters are all fighting in one place at one time, :P someone needs to keep an eye on the Blood Drinkers and Flesh tearers when their fighting in the only place the founding chapter recruits and c) rule of cool. (I know I use this one a lot :P)

I'm sure there was a part in one of the book with the Chapter's leaders all fighting together against some mutants made with BA DNA. So I can tottally see them doing this, I think there be a bit more in fighting then with the smufs on who leading them but in the end they fight together as brothers.

The book is called Red Fury by James Swallow. The Blood Angels and their successors all defended the Primarch's tomb against the "Blood Fiends" made by Bile.

So with this, i don't see why their could not be an honour company. I can see one based on the Blood Angel homeworld with duties around the tomb.

i cannot see where all the successors would send whole squads like the ultramarine successors do. mainly because there arent as many successors as the ultramarines have and also because so many of the BA successors are under strength. but the situation an baal is a different thing. all of the successors were already there when all this happened and it is their primarchs home.

Most BA successors have given the Blood Angels new recruits following the story in Blood Angels Omnibus.

Giving them new recruits -and- a squad or whatever from each successor chapter might be a bit much, especially since the Flesh Tearers have only 4 companies.

But then there is always the rule of cool. That one usually wins for me.

Most BA successors have given the Blood Angels new recruits following the story in Blood Angels Omnibus.

Giving them new recruits -and- a squad or whatever from each successor chapter might be a bit much, especially since the Flesh Tearers have only 4 companies.

But then there is always the rule of cool. That one usually wins for me.

Nah the flesh tearers just sent fewer guys, probably 5 gents from the Sterngaurd.

might be relevant to remember why the ultramarines have an honour company and where it is. The h comp exists so that the ultras will always be present every time a new chaos crusade comes out of the eye to make amends for when they were unable to be at terra during the heresy. Do ba's need an honour company? No. Is it possible that of all the forces that are converging on baal there will be incomplete squads and companies? Yes. Would it make sense to group those units together to make them more useful and easier to wield in the tactical situation across the system? Yes. Can you paint up a company of marines mixing chapter colours and use it as your army? Certainly.

Well I don't personally regard Swallow's books as cannon, mainly as I haven't read them but also because the events described didn't appear in the new codex. I consider his work to be a kind of 'altverse' seperate from the one my Blood Angels fight in.

The under strength squads suggestion is a good one, as is the idea of a force guarding Sanguinius's tomb.

Archived