Sicarius and Pals

HunterEste

So I finally got a new camera. Granted it's the camera on my Droid X, it's still 100x's nicer than what I used to have. I decided to take come pictures of a few minis I had completed in the last few months to test it out, and get some thoughts on the models.

Enjoy (or hate....I guess :) )

gallery_57356_6019_1551942.jpg

gallery_57356_6019_1334124.jpg

Cato:

gallery_57356_6019_385313.jpg

gallery_57356_6019_925945.jpg

Looks like some solid painting. I would make the highlights and shadows more dramatic on the blue of the armor, and keep my whites in thinner layers.

Competently painted. Jolly well done, brother! :)

Thank you for the feedback.

I am horrible with white and the shading on white portions of models (you'll probably continue to see on my termies, that my white portions have very start contrasts from white to black in the deep recesses of lines). I don't know what it is about white, but if I can get away without having to use it, I will! I'll have to try thinning my white down even more next time. I just always have an issue of getting the white to cover nicely and evenly when I thin too much, and with white...I usually thin too much ;)

Practice makes perfect I suppose, some day I will conquer my fear of white :)

White just needs patience. You'll want to start with at least Astronomician Grey foundation, and then water your Skull White paint down to an almost 50/50 mix. Dab it a few times on a napkin to get out excess water (otherwise it gets in recesses) and just do LOTS of layers. If you want to save a step for assembly-line painting, start with a wet (25/75 water:paint) first coat of AG and SW over your foundation.

I like the stark contrast, by the way, so don't change that. It really helps give the helmets definition.

Fallen Lion, both of the power axe wielding marines are wearing the standard helmet they get out of the box sets. The one carrying the plasma pistol appears to have the same type of helmet that the company champion mini from the command set wears. I'm really not sure what the name of that helmet type is :D (but i do love it).

Archived