Simple Space Marine Librarian conversion

ron

Thought I might add this here since it's for a friend's DIY Chapter and the complete blog post has a good bit of information in it on how I finished the model from building to painting and the ideas behind that too.

I'm working on refining my painting skills and really trying to improve my contrast on models. That and I added "glowing eyes" for the first time on a model this size.

Astorath%20conversion%20librarian%20painted%20right.jpg

You can read the whole post here on my blog.

sorry for being a noob but why isnt this the right place?

No idea. Fluff goes in the librarium forum, and tutorials go in the (you guessed it) tutorial forum, but all he did was supply a link, which should be ok. The model's in power armor so it all looks fine to me.

ON TOPIC: The model's really nice. It's easy to imagine him chopping someone in half, and the glowing eyes are very cool.

Good looking model there, I like it! The only thing (and I ALWAYS have to be mister negativity) is that the grey areas (the shaft of the weapon, parts of the backpack) look a little flat and, well, not highlighted. Otherwise superb work!

Laters

Sorry for dropping it in the wrong place. Lesson learned.

It just seems odd to add your own stuff to something called the "Hall of Honor."

Seems like something you should be nominated for by someone else instead of yourself.

Thanks for the comments guys, I appreciate it.

The power cables for the Librarian hood are from Dragon Forge Designs. They are metal and while they take some time to get used to working with, they are great pieces to have if you're doing something like this.

The power cables for the Librarian hood are from Dragon Forge Designs. They are metal and while they take some time to get used to working with, they are great pieces to have if you're doing something like this.

So, are they just like Guitar strings? Or are they more flexible? The more pressing question I guess is, are they cheaper than Guitar strings?

Laters

FatMan: They are much better than guitar strings.

They are much more flexible, but only to an extent... if you work them too much, you can potentially break them.

As for price, I suppose it depends on how much guitar strings run you. I manage to get my strings for free, but I still would use these power cables first.

I've got two posts that might interest you more on them.

1. The model itself and how I attached them

2. A bit of a review on the metal power cables and alternative methods to making power cables.

Great work Ron! Your model is a great example of the placement of highlights being as important if not more so than the smoothness of your technique. Not that there's anything wrong with your technique.

Also, may I know your brass recipe? Looks killer.

Thanks all.

IanV: The brass is fairly straightforward. Black prime/basecoat.

Then it's P3 Blighted Gold followed by a wash of GW Devlan Mud.

A light drybrush or line highlight of silver in the more prominent areas finished off with a wash of GW Gryphonne Sepia.

greatcrusade08: No, this is built from bits. Some Blood Angles pieces and some extra to make up the new arm position.

Archived