Flesh Tearers Command Squad

Smallboy

Currently looking at using the Sanguinary Guard Models as my HQ company, not actually as Sanguinary Guard just using the models painted up in Flesh Tearer colours. Has anyone else done this? Or does anyone see any big "no no's" in this?

Loads of players have kitbashed Sanguinary Guard and Death Company bits into their army, so if you want to go ahead. However, I don't personally think they'd suit the image of the Flesh Tearers - these guys are very rough and ready and have pretty limited resources. As such they're not given to the flashy but useless embelishments the other Blood Angels successors tend to fit to their armour and wargear. Instead, I'd look at working in some Iron Hands bits and the chained weapons of the Black Templars - these would suit the brutalised Flesh Tearers well IMHO.

My Flesh Tearers are going to be a bit more fancy, going down the route that my company commander believes totally in Seth's goal of restoring the chapters image to honourbale space marines, that yes do tend to get a tad overexcited with the blood rage during battle, so he insists that the guys keep their armour clean and well painted;

"image is half the battle boyo's"

im not sure the SG bits would work great for the flesh tearers. might just be me but im making my HG out of the metal veterans with some swapped weapons and FW chainaxes, that way they have cloths to make them stand out but no overly nice armor, and still painted with lots of mud/grime

I only used the chest and leg pieces on very senior ranking models in my FT army. The rest was just FW old mark armour and lots of conversion work on the poses.

But an Honour Guard for an important HQ would certainly be wearing and using some Chapter relics. Just try not to go overboard

I only used the chest and leg pieces on very senior ranking models in my FT army. The rest was just FW old mark armour and lots of conversion work on the poses.

But an Honour Guard for an important HQ would certainly be wearing and using some Chapter relics. Just try not to go overboard

I'll be honest, only looking at the jump packs and wings... then maybe the close combat weapons

Archived