The proud, the few. The Espandor Contingent (WIP)

xcasex

Espandor, Great Forests of Anreppen.

The roar of screaming engines dying down as the thunderhawk settled on the ground with a thunk.

as the battle-brothers disembarked the transport they were met by the stern faces & hollow eyes of the remaining Espandor PDF.

Clad in black bodygloves & the liveries of the great clans of Espandor, the Astartes towered over the PDF.

out of the treeline came a group of five soldiers, each clad in clan livery, matching the livery of the Astartes.

as the irregulars came close, they continued on to the Astartes, their Difici pattern bolters slung in a ranger belt across their chests.

Forming up aside the towering Astartes as their leader swung his leg atop a stone and leaned forward.

"It's a sair fecht" The Astartes captain bellowed against the assembled people. " It is not as a man descended from noble ancestry, but as one of the people that I have gathered you here." he took a breath, taking in the atmosphere "My scourged brothers, sisters. My scourged body, the outraged fealty of our families! The Tyranid has gone so far that not our very persons, nor our age or ancestry are left unpolluted. The Emperor shone his light on Espandor when searching for his lost son, he is on the side of our righteous vengeance; a legion which dared to fight has all but perished; the rest are hiding in the camps but yet some of you are gathered here." taking a step up on the stone with his arm outstretched in a rethorical gesture. he continued "The Xenos will not sustain even the din and the shout of our legions, much less our charge and our blows. If you weigh well the strength of the armies, and the causes of the war, you will see that in the battles to come, you must conquer or die.

This.

This is the Espandor Resolve; We either live or we die.

that is all we get!"

the Captain took a step down from the rock, taking from his battle-brother a morsel and lifting it into the air.

"By taking these, you accept the creed of the clans.

By accepting the creed, you are inducted into the Highland Guard.

part of the Espandor Contingent"

Each and every man, took one of the small packages, unpackaged it, unwrapped the textile and affixing the livery.

----

The Espandor Contingent is my wee taskforce for whooping me sons tyranid arse.

my idea is simple, a full company (one of the reserves) all tyranid war vets from the first incursion. IG support inspired by the scot/roman UM heritage, two tauron for awesomeness.

currently:

Ancient Casca (Dread) is done.

Ancient Pollo (Dread) is wip, scratchbuilt, dual AC's.

Sternguard squad "Vassus" is nearing conversion completion.

- Sergeant Arius, bolter mod done, Truescale somewhat done.

- Brother Cimber, heavy bolter heavy conversion done, TS done.

- Brother Cremutius, autocannon conversion done, scratchbuilt mag done, macragge helmet, done.

- need to finish brothers, Durio & Glabrio.

Sergeant Virgilian is a whole new beast. need to take pics.

- bolter fattening, elongation and modding being done, also adding grenade launcher to it.

- TS in the works

- bare head w. the most awesome backslick you've ever seen!

Techmarine Vascus

- scratchbuilt from GS.

- four huge bionic arms protruding frm the backpack (bionicle huzzah!)

- custom helm inspired by the MOTF illustration from codex spacemarines 5th ed.

- conversion beamer (chapterhouse) underslung left arm.

- artificier armor

- powerfist w. built in grenade launcher (done + ornaments on glove & Grenade launcher added to it, pic forthcoming)

pics?

Casca:

http://images.dakkadakka.com/gallery/2011/4/13/209375_md-Conversion,%20Dreadnought.JPG

brothers cremutius and cimber.

http://images.dakkadakka.com/gallery/2011/4/17/211383_md-mmm%20heavy%20weapons.jpg

bought 20 of these for my ig, need some heavy conversions on the models, new heads, poses, weapons.

http://images.dakkadakka.com/gallery/2011/4/19/211843_md-.jpg

a big wip image frm my cellphone:

http://images.dakkadakka.com/gallery/2011/4/17/211384_md-.jpg

Cheers lads.

205 views and not a single comment or critique. i must be doing something wrong..

Not even close man, don't take it personal. I had near 700 views the first time I posted in this forum before I got a comment. Anyhow, I do really like the super tall dread, but I think he needs his knees bent to give him a feeling of movement, and less like a statue. The greenstuff joint for his left arm needs something to make it more machine like, right now it kinda looks like a big bicep, no offence. The two heavy weapons guys look cool but I can't really tell, the pic is a bit blurry. Finally, I'd be careful about mentioning IG here, this is a 'power-armour only' forum. Keep at it, brother, looking forward to seeing what else you come up with.

i'd like to see the marines with the converted bolters in a clearer picture and maybe a little closer, to be able to judge the greenstuff work etc.

otherwise it looks like your off to a good start :P

looking forward to how this continues...

always love fluffy marines... I would like to see the converted bolters as well. I am looking for a pirate theme to my space marine army so I need some bolter conversions to copy.....

did you see Dan the demon's SAW bolters? looks fantastic in my humble opinion and it's not that hard to replicate ;)

check this link if you're interested, the tutorial is in post #663

Dan the Demon's SAW bolter conversion

I want to see your extra tall dread from more angels and closer.

also what are you going for with it just different or is there some fluff reason for it?

Hey, know what, i'll take some pics tomorrow. what you cant really see in the pic is that the knees are slightly bent.

there's a fluff reason, still writing his fluff :lol:

also, i like the taller chunkier dreads. have had some minute success by using the paperhammer templates (.3x enlarged) for spare bits to build Ancient Pollo.

The Pollo dread also has a piece of funky looking greaves running down the left and right torso! :P

205 views and not a single comment or critique. i must be doing something wrong..

Not even close man, don't take it personal. I had near 700 views the first time I posted in this forum before I got a comment. Anyhow, I do really like the super tall dread, but I think he needs his knees bent to give him a feeling of movement, and less like a statue. The greenstuff joint for his left arm needs something to make it more machine like, right now it kinda looks like a big bicep, no offence. The two heavy weapons guys look cool but I can't really tell, the pic is a bit blurry. Finally, I'd be careful about mentioning IG here, this is a 'power-armour only' forum. Keep at it, brother, looking forward to seeing what else you come up with.

I'll take some closeups of them tomorrow, seeing as how they're complete-ish for the moment.

The dread is, which you cant tell from the angle, taking a glancing hit and bringing his weapons around to bear. the left and right joints are not done. waiting for my plasticard order to be delivered so that i can craft some pneumatics to go in the joints.

tsss. bluesmurfs need IG lurv too! :P

@mogluk & @Wicced i'll take some pics of them frm diff. angles tomorrow! :lol:

fething yes!

almost done with Vergilian, hair is looking very... manga and his bolter came out better than i ever intended.

wifey is building me a lightbox to snap pics of the lads as well.

finished the "space hulk" novel by thorpe yesterday, and one of the characters was awesome, might do a character inspired by him, dual lightningclaws and crusade armor is what i'm thinking. need to flesh it out more.

Alrighty then. two sarge's fixed. on to the next guy. first tactical lad is a bitch to pose. i recall from my time in the service that we called the way we carried our rifles (one hand to one shoulder) was called having it in a "ranger sling" now. that's probably not the correct term for it.

But i fail to find any pics that depict it (yes my google-fu is that weak)

the pose is that plus grabbing a mag from a pouch.

From the bleakness of the first onslaught, there had come new reports from the highland auxiliary guard stationed at Espandor. Tyranids, the reports said.

The threat too much for the irregular guardsmen, too dire for a mere human, had led Calgar to dispatch a squad from the 6th reserve to investigate the woods outside of Anreppen on Espandor.

Screaming through the heavens like a raven caught in a spinner, five hulking figures dropped down from the sky.

The crews of the parked Tauros buggies raised eyebrows and readied the jerried Venator for transport.

---

Lucius Vergilian, Sergeant of the "Lance of Iax" readied his men as he ran a spread spectrum scan with his occular bionics, this was the latest place of incident, but no apparent traces of the filthy xenos was left behind.

just as he spun around to order his men, he noticed a blur of movement not far beyond, "Contact, Xenos!" throwing up his arm in the direction of ingress.

http://images.dakkadakka.com/gallery/2011/4/24/214043_md-Sergeant,%20Ultramarines.JPG

http://images.dakkadakka.com/gallery/2011/4/24/214044_md-Sergeant,%20Ultramarines.JPG

http://images.dakkadakka.com/gallery/2011/4/24/214046_md-Sergeant,%20Ultramarines.JPG

the lines look much more straight and less podgy under the lamp light :S

royally fething nerdrage.

painting my sons tyranids? awesome result.

painting my own smurfs? gross and filthy.

so. i want the primary color to be necron blue with slight highlights.

any ideas?

Archived