*Drawing* Imperial Fists, Veteran Seargeant

Tul

Need some advice here for a drawing. What's the color scheme for the Imperial Fists, Fifth Battle Company, Veteran Seargeant ? or what kind of insignia should I add ? images or any kind of advice would be greatly apreciated.

also would it be ok if he would hold a Banner in his hand ? or should i just add a chainsword ?

http://i856.photobucket.com/albums/ab127/Tulwarr1/Untitled-1copy.jpg

-I would say to give him a fancy IF symbol on his right shoulder guard. Like the fist had been carved from a nice dark stone and crafted to fit the armor to denote he is a cut above the rest.

-Deck him out with Imperial and IF icons. One greave could bear a double headed eagle motiff for example. Even have small ones handing from chains and ropes on his armor (like how BA have blood vials on some of their armor, just replace the blood image with a fist of something).

-Add some paint chipping and possibly cracks to show "battle scars"

-He could have a banner...perhaps the original bearer got KIA and he was next in line to carry it (or something).

-If he is a sgt he will need a skull device on his helm (Vets actually have yellow helms with a red stripe, and sgts add their skull device. But white is cool and up to personal preference)

He is looking very nice and hope to see some more work done on him!

The 5th has black shoulder trim as you have already done. If he's a Vet and has Termie honors, there will be a Crux Terminatus on his left shoulder, and Vet Sgts have a red stripe running down the center of their white helmet, usually the width of the "mohawk" vent on top. The right shoulder will display the icon for the type of squad he's in - tac, devastator, etc, and there will usually be a squad badge on the kneepad or greave/lower leg.

As far as decorations, purity seals, oath papers, and small trophies or awards might decorate his armor, but I wouldn't go too overboard, as he's a Sarge and works for living.

@Brother Chaplain Kage and Hushrong :thnx for the hints, I would be totally lost without them, and probably would have made a heresy out of it if you guys didn't help. I just want to make him as close to the lore as possible (tho i'm not so sure about the white head piece; I think it's also yellow with a red stripe or some variation of an apothecary has it)

found this awsome thread if anyone is interested

and a special thnx for Durus who showed me some errors i made to the proportions of the space marine. I tried to make the modifications you've told me and I hope I nailed it right this time. And btw you could have just posted it here instead of a PM, and please,man if you or anyone else have any ideeas or if you see something wrong just write in this thread; I don't mind

and here's a quick update to my IF

http://i856.photobucket.com/albums/ab127/Tulwarr1/spacemarine2.jpg

http://i856.photobucket.com/albums/ab127/Tulwarr1/spacemarine.jpg

Looks totally sweet so far. I cant draw at all so to see something like this develop is amazing to me!

The bolt pistol looks a little off to me. The grip and the magazine seem to be at different angles so it looks a bit like its been twisted around.

The Imperial Fists don't do company shoulder trim. Their right knee pad denotes company, with the heraldry of the current captain. Because there's no officially named captains outside of the 2 named in Space Marine/The Inquisition Trilogy, you can make him whoever you like, with whatever heraldry you like. White and Red in a geometric pattern (halved, quartered, triangle, etc.) works really well. I love the engraved or raised shoulder pads. If I remember correct, their classic scheme is red rimmed shoulder pads, yellow shoulder pads with a black fist on a white circular field, banded in black. And their chest eagles are also classically red. The black shoulder rims look better to me, and that's how I painted my ImpFists. Hope that helps.

-Joe

• 5 months later...

Archived