Ultramarines Captain Galenus conversion

prozaczack

I noticed that one of Captain Cortez shoulder pads looked like the shoulder pad of Cpt Galenus as shown in Codex Space Marines, i added a brass V sympol to make it match even better and that was how this conversion got started.

I'd really like a more ornate head, i was initially going to use one from an Honour Guard but after i cut it free from the body I thought it looked a little big.

Any comments or suggestions for a better head would be much appreciated.

gallery_61027_6020_360162.jpg

gallery_61027_6020_2257517.jpg

I would suggest for heads to do either one of the honor guard heads from FW red scorpians; or I would do one of those vented beakie helmets. (can't remember the mark, but its the one that all the red scorpians use, think it is mk4)

I like the conversion though. Maybe go with a combi-weapon instead of a storm bolter. The combi-flamer would be a cool looking one.

Looks good otherwise.

Yeah, it's a mk4, Siege. If you can't get a hold of one prozaczack then there is a helmet tutorial in the modelling tutorial subforum. For what's worth I think a mk4 helm would look pretty damned good on your model. :)

• 3 weeks later...

I went with a crest made from a dire avenger helm, I think it looks pretty good, should be better when painted. I decided to go against the red scorpion honour guard helmet as it looks pretty much like a Grey knight/ emperors champion/ company champion helmet. I dont want my captain to look too knightly as the pose is already reminiscent of the EC model.

I think that the crest adds a bit more character. My new question is, do you think i can still get away with using the iron halo on the packpack? Or does this make it a little top heavy? I want to represent an Iron halo on the model, if I still had some ultramarines veteran shouldrpads I would use one of those but GW doesn't sell them anymore.

If the Iron Halo on the backpack doesn't work I might use a servo skull, but I'm worried that will take focus away from the capatin. Any thoughts?

gallery_61027_6128_205476.jpg

gallery_61027_6128_2217086.jpg

gallery_61027_6128_1557402.jpg

Archived