Devs helmets

1Drop

What blues do you use to paint devs helmets? I want to start my devs this weekend if possible but I'm not sure what blues to use... Help please.

I promise this will be my last devs question or in fact *thread (lol)

Thanks for all your help BA brethren, what would I do without you guys :)

To be honest dude this really doesn't warrant another thread, seeing as you've asked in the other two already.

TBH it really doesn't matter which blue you use, just pick yuor favourite then highlight it up by mixing in some bleached bone. At the end of the day there's all sorts of variation in the different shades used by people collecting the same army.

I didn't wanna make another thread I just wanted an answer and as no one had answered I thought no one had seen that I had asked it, obviously people have recipes for it and I wanted to know what people use before I go out and buy the paints!

What I should have asked is *what colours are used in the GW pictures of BA devs

But thanks anyway.

personally i use regal blue and then enchanted blue (not high lighted as it dosent fit my marines) if i rember or have time ill post pics tomorrrow. see th think i wanted was i didnt want it to be to bright so as to outshine my red, but not so dark that it made the assault squads look like a bunch of idiots with a shoot me first sighn at the same time...

Yeah.. I was thinking of using necron abyss as a base (although I feel this may be too dark) with enchanted blue shading like I do on my force weapons although for that recipe I go through to ice blue!

My brother has mordian blue somewhere but I can't find it... Damn.

EDIT: found it but it really just looks the same as necron abyss, is it lighter?

I use Enchanted Blue, highlight with 50/50 Enchanted blue/Skull White, end on a heavy wash of Asurmen Blue. The wash pulls the blue down to a nice midtone.

I use Enchanted Blue, highlight with 50/50 Enchanted blue/Skull White, end on a heavy wash of Asurmen Blue. The wash pulls the blue down to a nice midtone.

Sounds like a pretty good formula, I'll have to get some asurmen blue and try this out.

Archived