Running with a chainsword

1Drop

I've seen a few times where people have posted photos on here of DC and RAS modled where it looks like the model is running with the chainsword behind them so the arm is in a straight line with the chainsword following the line of the arm (if this makes sense!?) can anyone explain to me which kind of chainsword arm to use and how to achieve this look please? (I can't work out just by looking what I need to cut! I really want to make some very brutal looking DC that look like they are running at top speeds so any help will be greatly appreciated.

I made one where the chain sword is leading instead of following but it is the same idea. I used one of the left hand DC arms. I lined up the legs with the direction of the sword as well as the head.

DSCF1607.jpg

I know I'll have to cut the hand off to get the look I want but I'm not sure exactly what I'm doing so I could do with some guidance! Did you cut and adjust the arms at all? The look I want is for the arm to be out straight behind the running marine and the chainsword doing the same so it's just one straight line!

I have chopped off one at the hand but I still don't know how to get the pose I want, it seams impossible, damn, I've seen it loads on here too!!!

EDIT: after calmly examining the pieces I have realised that all I need is green stuff to be able to extend the wrist and be able to bend it where I want it, this is the only way it is possible!

There is also an outstretched LH chainsword arm in one of the kits (think its the command squad box nut don't quote me!) that coupled with running legs and a twisted torso could give you the look you want without too much work.

Just for clarification, that bit is in the Devastator kit.

Archived