Grey Knight Paladin Banner

Hello lads and ladies

I come bafore you to gather some feed back on my current attempt at one of the new Grey Knight paladin banners.

I recon over all I've spent close on 5 hours painting this thing, and it still isn't done. Thankfully only the last little bits left.

So... without further ado, I present to you the paladin banner

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e136/Toad860/The%20Bolter%20And%20Chainsword/GKBanner-1.jpg

Comment, queiries and the like are most welcome, plenty of feed back is wanted here

Cheers

Cpt X

Looks good. The NMM silver and gold looks particularly nice.

My only critique - and this may just be down to the camera and lighting - but the red around the edge of the banner looks a little flat. Maybe try a wash of red with a touch of purple or blue mixed into it and paint that into the recesses.

Thanks for the feed back guys

@Tybrus: Cheers, I've put a fair few hours in, but it's still not done yet =D

@Lestat: Thanks, as I said before, it is still a WIP, but I agree, the background red needs a lot more work. It is very flat and boring. I will try the the wash(es) you've recommended and i'll see how they turn out.

For an future note, would it be worth going that extra mile and trying some free hand on the back? as it is VERY open and boring. Granted the terminator will be in the way for the bottom half, but that banner sticks up a long way and there is plenty of empty to see.

If it's worth it, what would look good?

Thanks for the replies

Cpt X

Very nice banner there, frater. :D

In regard to the freehanding - if you think you can pull it off, why not? I 'd advise against something complex though because it's the back of the banner, not the front (and it'd be complex :D).

Archived