Invaders Chapter Marines

So, I finally got the paint needed to get started on my Invaders marines. My necron army has to have an opponent, and the space marines won in the competition of who to go with next. Here is a picture of my first completed model. The other 9 members of his tactical squad are only painted with green so far, but will be uploaded when they get completed. Also, the other models that I have will be uploaded as they get finished.

Tactical Squad Sergeant

gallery_60635_6048_332916.jpg

P.S. Marines are much more difficult to paint than necrons. I'm going for a gaming quality, so the opponent knows who they're fighting, rather than a painting competition quality(because I can't do that, yet).

Thank you guys for the advice and comments. I'm done putting the green on my tacticals. I'm going to be getting the other troops green soon, and then I'll do all of the other details. I will try to layer on the gold a little bit less thick. It just wasn't showing up bright enough until I put it on thick. Also, the paint I was using was a little... gooey rather than liquidy. I'll be picking up a new one to use rather than the stores that I was using.

Also, I've had some people talk to me about doing washes before. I just never had any to work with, but my LGS has some I can use. I've tested Thraka Green on the armor and the Sepia on the gold. I liked how it looked on the green, but I like the really bright on the gold, but I'll give it another shot. I'll post the pictures of the unit and other units when they finish up.

P.S. If someone can let me know(either in PM or right here) how to make the picture show up in a smaller box that still lets you click to see the enlarged version?

Thank you,

Brother Lovejoy

The picture automatically resizes based on a specific computer screen size set by Brother Argos, so if your picture is small enough, it doesn't resize. It also resizes to 17% on my iPhone, though I don't know why.

The picture automatically resizes based on a specific computer screen size set by Brother Argos, so if your picture is small enough, it doesn't resize. It also resizes to 17% on my iPhone, though I don't know why.

Archived