Grey Knights Squads

wow wow wow....awesome job! Did you use transfers for the icons on the right shoulder or is it all free hand?

Transfers. I'm just not that good at freehand. If you go to the full size pictures you can look at the lettering on the bass plaques on the shoulder pads. NOBODY is good enough to do script that small and accurate. :cry:

Love them, Amazing Work! What gave you the idea for the blue?

That's a good question. The client asked for the Interceptors to be noticeably darker than the rest. I was already doing shading with the Blue Wash... and I guess doing the blue accents seemed like a natural fit. Then I added the orangey ground color to be a nice contrast to the blue. It works fine with the neutral colors as well but looks particularly good with the blue.

Awesome work. Love the images and the videos. What colours were used on the helmets for the interceptors. Those are definitely striking.

It's a P3 Enhanted Blue Cygnar Blue Highlight washed with Azurman Blue wash and then highlighted with a mix of Enchanted Blue and White.

Checked the bottle...

loving this color scheme here. i enjoy how the helmets' colors draws your eye immediately to the head, then to everything else.

and the more i see of the new grey knight models, the more i want to update my MK8 models.....

loving this color scheme here. i enjoy how the helmets' colors draws your eye immediately to the head, then to everything else.

and the more i see of the new grey knight models, the more i want to update my MK8 models.....

It's funny that you mention the helmet colors. When I was doing my Dreadknight I specifically used the Helmet (and painted it red) so that the eye would be drawn to it. With the uncovered head it just gets lost in the model.

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5145/5588990627_2c89544322.jpg

Nemesis Dreadknight 01 by Jay Adan, on Flickr

wow wow wow....awesome job! Did you use transfers for the icons on the right shoulder or is it all free hand?

Transfers. I'm just not that good at freehand. If you go to the full size pictures you can look at the lettering on the bass plaques on the shoulder pads. NOBODY is good enough to do script that small and accurate. ^_^

I would love a tutorial on how to do the transfers.

+1

I would also love any advice that you've got on airbrushing in general. I've always been very pressed for time IRL but I want to get back to painting and I was just recently given a really great deal on an airbrush. So I figure I should start asking.

Cheers.

It's funny that you mention the helmet colors. When I was doing my Dreadknight I specifically used the Helmet (and painted it red) so that the eye would be drawn to it. With the uncovered head it just gets lost in the model.

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5145/5588990627_2c89544322.jpg

Nemesis Dreadknight 01 by Jay Adan, on Flickr

ok, yeah that definately make the Dreadknight stand out. makes it seem it has a 'heart', along the line of iron man style. great job!

Awesome work. Love the images and the videos. What colours were used on the helmets for the interceptors. Those are definitely striking.

It's a P3 Enhanted Blue Cygnar Blue Highlight washed with Azurman Blue wash and then highlighted with a mix of Enchanted Blue and White.

Checked the bottle...

Awesome. Thanks! I have been doing my Grey Knights silver with blue leggings since 1st edition. Loved it when the original Daemonhunters book came out and they had silver armour. Kudos on the work. Wonderful stuff man!

+1

I would also love any advice that you've got on airbrushing in general. I've always been very pressed for time IRL but I want to get back to painting and I was just recently given a really great deal on an airbrush. So I figure I should start asking.

Cheers.

Here's the decal tutorial -

• 5 weeks later...

Very nice, I like the guitar music covering the first video - it's kind of laid back, non-intrusive. The jazz in the second was a nice change of pace. I don't think I've considered using the thumb before to desaturate a brush - you learn something new every day. :)

Also: Those power swords. At first I was like "Orange? Okay..." and then I was all "Hey, sweet. Lava effect weapons". Nicely done, indeed, brother. :woot:

One of the reasons that I like doing commission work is because periodically I'm asked to do things that I wouldn't normally do myself. Like those swords. I would not have chosen to do them like that. But now, having done them, I'm really happy with the results.

Very nice man .. some of the best GK's I've seen so far. The reflections are very clean and the helm colors do add a lot, really makes the model stand out. Keep up the good work.

These look pretty awesome mate. It also shows that Grey Knights look awesome in any colours, that red compliments the model so well. Can't wait to see more, and i'll be having a nosy at those vids as well.

Edemia

Archived