Honor Guard ready at last!

Haakon Ironheart

Awesome bro... What are they standing on?

They are standing on broken "city of death" ruins... Finally I found a use for them as I don't think I 'll ever use all of them to model the buildings...

Thanks to everybody for the kind comments.

Awesome bro... What are they standing on?

They are standing on broken "city of death" ruins... Finally I found a use for them as I don't think I 'll ever use all of them to model the buildings...

Thanks to everybody for the kind comments.

Can you elaborate more please, what are 'broken city of death ruins'?

The "city of death ruins" refers to a model kit sold by GW, or at least I think that's what he's refering to. They are the terrain building kits sold by GW like the manufactorum, etc. I believe the kits are around $25 or so, haven't checked their prices in a while. GW makes some really nice looking terrain pieces, someday when I get around to building myself a game board I'll have pick some up.

The "city of death ruins" refers to a model kit sold by GW, or at least I think that's what he's refering to. They are the terrain building kits sold by GW like the manufactorum, etc. I believe the kits are around $25 or so, haven't checked their prices in a while. GW makes some really nice looking terrain pieces, someday when I get around to building myself a game board I'll have pick some up.

That's exactly what I meant. Thanks for clarifying it... :whistling:

some very fine models :P what does the banner carrier have? combo-melta? meltagun? angle of the picture makes it hard to see :<

Thanks! The banner carrier is armed with power sword and bolt pistol ...

zuh? :whistling: is the middle one the banner carrier? if so i applogice, i meant the one right from him.

yes the chainsword i saw (nice dangerstripes btw ;) very crisp paintjob :whistlingW:) but the melta/combi-melta im not to sure on. looking closely it looks like theres a bolter bit underneath the melta head (may just look like its there though) so im assuming its a combi-melta :)

not that i matters much :P

yes the chainsword i saw (nice dangerstripes btw :o very crisp paintjob :ermm:) but the melta/combi-melta im not to sure on. looking closely it looks like theres a bolter bit underneath the melta head (may just look like its there though) so im assuming its a combi-melta :)

not that i matters much ;)

It is a metal combi-melta from metal sternguard models... :P

The honour guard are beautiful. Any chance of you sharing your gold recipie?

Snakebite Leather for base color, shining gold then followed by wash with devlan. Some light highlights with shining gold again and extreme highlighting with mithril silver in the end. Simple but it looks good as I don't like NMM (in my eyes does not look right :ermm: )

Archived