It seems some GK players think hammerhand stack

why, thats fiendishly evil of you ;) have no idea why he thinks it would stack though. or why he shouldnt be able to. havent read the codex yet :tu:

It's something about entire squads having the power, and IC's having the power as well. This would lead to a situation in which a squad would get +1 str from itself and each GK I.C. This could lead to such thing as taking 3 techmarines, and then having a str 8 ini 6 squad and what-not. Not saying we should really consider this, but we must show that M.W is the guru of making rules!

hmm now that you mention i talked to a GK player last week and he said the squads power doesent transfer to the IC and the IC's power doesent transfer to the squad....or something along those lines.

if we are talking about the same thing here that is :tu:

RAW only the Independent Characters will stack I think, thats how I interpret it...

"HAMMERHAND" This power is used in the assault phase (in either player's turn) after assault moves have been completed, but before any blows are struck. If the psychic test is passed, all models in the unit (including independent characters) have +1 strength until the end of the assault phase. Note this strength bonus is applied before any other modifiers, such as for nemesis daemon hammers and so forth.

Bolded the bit that I think is important, since its clearly referenced that the Independent Character gets the unit's bonus, although this may have been intended so he could then activate his force weapon...

the librarian has a different power, like, might of titan or something, it specifically says it stacks with hammerhand.

as for multiple hammerhands, i would say no. a unit affected by hammerhand gets +1 strength, no where in the rules does it say +1 per casting, just that they get +1. that would be like saying if a unit is within 6" of two different SHP they get double FC or something.

RAW only the Independent Characters will stack I think, thats how I interpret it...

"HAMMERHAND" This power is used in the assault phase (in either player's turn) after assault moves have been completed, but before any blows are struck. If the psychic test is passed, all models in the unit (including independent characters) have +1 strength until the end of the assault phase. Note this strength bonus is applied before any other modifiers, such as for nemesis daemon hammers and so forth.

Bolded the bit that I think is important, since its clearly referenced that the Independent Character gets the unit's bonus, although this may have been intended so he could then activate his force weapon...

If it is successful, they have +1 strength. Not that they add +1 to strength.

So it is cast successfully, they "have +1 strength." It is cast agains successfully, they still "have +1 strength." RAW read to me like you can only get it once. :)

Yep, Hammerhand doesn't stack with itself. But it does stack with Might of Titan.

Hammerhand + Might of Titan + Quicksilver + Rad Grenades = We're all Strength 6 striking at Initiative 10, and you're -1 Toughness, so if you're normally Toughness 4 or less, we're inflicting Instant Death with every hit.

So it is cast successfully, they "have +1 strength." It is cast agains successfully, they still "have +1 strength." RAW read to me like you can only get it once. ^_^

Great catch.

So it is cast successfully, they "have +1 strength." It is cast agains successfully, they still "have +1 strength." RAW read to me like you can only get it once. :pirate:

Great catch.

Make this argument on the GK board, pretty please?

Also, how about might of heroes, think you can cast twice xD?

How about we counter with claiming that MoH stacks? There is nothing to prevent an upgraded libby from casting it twice, nor does it say that it cannot be stacked.

Come on, I know you want to =)

Hmmm....... Death Company, Lemmy, Librarian. Anyone else thinking of having Lemmy get 13 S6 attacks with back to back rerolls on the charge using MoH twice. Even if it is legal I just dont think I could live with myself doing it.

How about we counter with claiming that MoH stacks? There is nothing to prevent an upgraded libby from casting it twice, nor does it say that it cannot be stacked.

Hmmm....... Death Company, Lemmy, Librarian. Anyone else thinking of having Lemmy get 13 S6 attacks with back to back rerolls on the charge using MoH twice. Even if it is legal I just dont think I could live with myself doing it.

Neither could your target! YUK YUK YUK!

Neither could your target! YUK YUK YUK!

Or, you could have the thunder hammering D.C member get MoH xD.

Seriously tough, I'm feeling that MoH might actually have something going for it, assuming that it can be cast twice, either on different or the same model.

edit: I'm not so sure about this now. I've been told that codex decides on multiple power per turn, and the powers entry says "use two psychic powers each turn". Dunno if this should be read as "different" or "whichever you please".

175 points doesn't seem that intense anymore as you can then have the librarian in a jump squad, giving two fists or hammers +d3 attacks each.

ive read the "Psyker" entry in the BBB and all i could find that could possibly deminish using the same power twice is the following: under the heading Psychich shooting attack. "However if he is allowed to fire more than one ranged weapon per turn, he can replace the firing of any of the weapons he is allowed to fire with a psychic shooting attack (but still cannot use the same power twice in a turn) "

mind you, this is the only reference on the entire article on psychic powers that says you can only use powers once. Nowhere else is this noted.

I then went to page 63 of the blood angel codex and read the first paragraphs of the Psychic power heading. It says that Mephiston has his own powers and normal librarians get to pick two. Normal librarians can use one a turn, with a Epistolary beeing able to use two. It makes no reference of beein UNABLE to use the same power twice. (or attempt to use it twice, in case the first attempt fails for example)

i looked through the rulesbook 1.2 faq found here and found nothing on the case.

and finaly the blood angel 1.1 faq found here no mention if it here either.

seems to be NO rule agianst using the same multiple powers several times. except psychic shooting attacks....

seems to be NO rule agianst using the same multiple powers several times. except psychic shooting attacks....

So nothing against buffs, eh? Brothers, we have our new mission. MoH on every dang thing we can!

Especially

So nothing against buffs, eh? Brothers, we have our new mission. MoH on every dang thing we can!

Especially

non inmagine THAT with a powerfist :teehee: pure gold sir! pure gold :)

Yep, Hammerhand doesn't stack with itself. But it does stack with Might of Titan.

Hammerhand + Might of Titan + Quicksilver + Rad Grenades = We're all Strength 6 striking at Initiative 10, and you're -1 Toughness, so if you're normally Toughness 4 or less, we're inflicting Instant Death with every hit.

Re-read the rules, Rad Grenades DO lower the threshold for Instant Death. Thanks Matt!

Archived