Grey Knight

Meltagun

This seems like a good attempt, but my gut tells me you're going to need some work before this is tabletop standard quality.

Right off the bat, you're going to need to thin your paints out a little more and learn proper brush control. I can see the paint is slopped on quite thickly in detailed areas, so a little dilution will go a long way. Make sure you build up lighter colors (like the skin and white areas) with darker, close shades underneath. As far as brush control, you need to make sure you're using a small enough brush, and practice at keeping "within the lines." Your freehanding on the sword and escutcheon are laudable efforts, but I can see that you'll need to be more careful with them, as well as certain areas where colors are "bleeding" onto other surfaces.

Next, consider more dramatic highlighting and shading. Successive washes for the recesses, repainting the base color on raised areas, and then going for highlights on extreme edges will make your model pop and make it look far more realistic than what you've got.

I'll be happy to explain anything in greater detail. Hope I helped!

Archived