the Angels of Darkness

dynamicspartan

Very nicely painted. I think you could be a little more subtle with the extreme edge highlights perhaps reserving the brightest shade of green for the most prominent surfaces, but I think they're god. The Deathwing look very nice indeed - always pleasing to see how people have tackled the conversion of them from BA to DA.

Very good looking army there :lol:

My only critique would be that the dry brushing looks drybrushed.....If your up for a new learning challenge try dry brushing with oil paints, mix in a little artists wax and the effect is quite nice and smooth.

Ashton

Hey everyone just a quick update here.

First up is the last tactical marine for the squad.

gallery_43617_6061_26460.jpg

I tried to tone down the highlights on this marine. I think the camera is making the highlights brighter and the armor darker. They really aren't that bright irl but whatever. I also went back and worked on the silver a bit more adding highlights to it.

Also, I did the bases on 4 marines. Tell me what you think.

gallery_43617_6061_35316.jpg

gallery_43617_6061_25224.jpg

gallery_43617_6061_66519.jpg

gallery_43617_6061_78413.jpg

C&C welcome and mkore pics are soon to come. :D

Those marines are absolutely drenched in pure cool, good sir. I'm going to start using the "sawed-off 'zerker" method as soon as I get some new marines. My absolute favorite was Bolter #6. The dynamic pose and the awesome hand-painting on the helmet give him a terrific oomph. The edging, while admittedly bold, seems solidly uniform and well done. Gives them a very slick Tron Legacy (movie wasn't so hot, but loved the graphics) look. The terminators are impressive as well. I can almost see the small, individual armor plates shifting as they move.

One question, though. How did you do the lightning on the power sword? I want that same thin, blue-haloed bolt effect on my Storm Stalkers. Congratulations on a great job.

Thanks for the comments again everyone.

One question, though. How did you do the lightning on the power sword? I want that same thin, blue-haloed bolt effect on my Storm Stalkers. Congratulations on a great job.

I'm not good at explanations and I've always been a visual learner. If you like, I could make a tutorial.

• 2 months later...

Hey everyone it's been awhile since I've had an update. I've had stuff going on but I've gotten around to posting some termies today.

First up is a kneeling termie.

gallery_43617_6061_68345.jpg

gallery_43617_6061_52706.jpg

Next is my Deathwing apothecary.

gallery_43617_6061_104517.jpg

gallery_43617_6061_72772.jpg

WIP standard bearer.

gallery_43617_6061_7867.jpg

And his banner.

gallery_43617_6061_26063.jpg

Hopefully I can get more pics up soon. Hope you all enjoy B)

• 1 year later...

Hello everyone. It has been a long time since I have had an update, but my second year of college has me taking photograph so I now know how to use my camera that I never understood before so I will update more and more regularly.

Anyways, here is just an update pic of a termie squad from space hulk.

gallery_43617_6061_1163339.jpg

Just a quick photo as I had to go to school shortly after words. I have all the space hulk models completed (been so for a while) as well as I excitingly recieved the Dark Vengeance box in the mail today. The chaplain is primed and ready for paint and the librarian is getting a small conversion.

One final note, my green marines have gotten a revamped color scheme. I will try to post pics after school. Enjoy.

Archived