brother captain Nathanael Garro

synapse

as for the eagle, i think it looks good with to heads!

if you don't like it anymore, you could try to model one from green stuff.

ill probably try my hand at a GS one over the weekend... wait, thats now!

Awesome modeling job and skills, but... wouldn't that giant chest ornamentation get in the way of things like fighting? His shoulderpads would be banging into it constantly. He wouldn't be able to hold a bolter properly at the shoulder, either.

you've got me there! though on the whole i tend to think the same of GWs blingified marines as well (not the mention the fact that theyre in power armour), so its probably a pretty universal thing with marines (this one more than other, admittedly :()

hehe. i guess rule of cool wins out... to a certain extent. i can certainly see how some people are sayng the eagle is big - thats pretty much my only gripe with the model and im sure id have mentioned it if it wasnt my own <_< that was the best of three attempts (the first two of which were even larger and worse). if i had done a 4th it might have come better but i was pleased with this. i might go back and make a new one some time.

also to anyone interested, i've added a huge update to my everythihg blog, ranging from my first ever painted mini to a slew of other things ive done over the years. so anyone interested in them, just click the link in my sig and leae feedback, thanks :whistling:

Awesome modeling job and skills, but... wouldn't that giant chest ornamentation get in the way of things like fighting? His shoulderpads would be banging into it constantly. He wouldn't be able to hold a bolter properly at the shoulder, either.

you've got me there! though on the whole i tend to think the same of GWs blingified marines as well (not the mention the fact that theyre in power armour), so its probably a pretty universal thing with marines (this one more than other, admittedly :whistlingW:)

Yeah, I know what you mean. Some of those Blood Angels have more bling than Mr. T back in the day. Really awesome conversion though. I wish I could do cloaks as well as you.

Looking cool man....

and sorry to drag it back up ;) but garro did have the eagle cuirass (sp) back from fighting alongside the emperor on terra when the death guard were still called the dusk raiders...

Some other garro fun facts ;)

garro was also the last battle captain of the dusk raiders/ death guard as all the others took newer titles when they were reunited with mortarion

garro was also scottish or at the very least northern english as he is refrenced as being from alba the old celt word for scotland...

thankfully thats all i can remember :lol:

MP

Looking cool man....

and sorry to drag it back up ;) but garro did have the eagle cuirass (sp) back from fighting alongside the emperor on terra when the death guard were still called the dusk raiders...

Some other garro fun facts ;)

garro was also the last battle captain of the dusk raiders/ death guard as all the others took newer titles when they were reunited with mortarion

garro was also scottish or at the very least northern english as he is refrenced as being from alba the old celt word for scotland...

thanks for that :lol: i remember the alba thing quite clearly from when i read it actually; immediately though (as youre meant to) that it was a reference to the uk. i actually liked what they did with the empires and place names in the HH books - corrupting current place names into something vaguey different

Archived