Commander Dante

prenelf

I havent even used him yet lol i only just got him. I just found it odd that he hasn't got it is all i was saying but from what ye are all saying i do agree that he doesn't need it. I think ill stick him with a assault marine squad for all the extra wounds

Think of Dante as an old Marine whos past glories have already been won and justified, he must be used (as stated above) as a scalpel only in the most precisie pinicple points of battle, lest he be lost forever along with his 1100 years of battle knowledge.

In my opinion, Eternal Warrior, does not come from age or anything, but rather a perceived toughness. That's why Lysander and Arjac have it, Calgar has bionics, Grimnar is Grimnar, and the Sanguinor is an immortal being.

I agree with this totally, Dante is not tough, He is a battle hardened fast, and a well experienced space marine.

My 2c on dante is he doesnt need the eternal warrior rule BUT.

Toughness 5 wouldnt be to much to ask

It just means :) like power fists dont intant kill him, but he is still suseptible to force weapons and the like.

Because -

What vet sgt in his right mind would ever instant kill dante with a power fist, the guy would see it coming, dodge and chop his head off before he could blink.

I dont think it would jack his points up to much, and I dont think it would make him OP. I honestly cant stand the fact that a str 8 melee attack can single him out and insta gib him. I have no problems with force weapons killing him, as they are not as prevelant and can be tactically avoided easier than a fist can. Except for grey knights ;)

My 2c

T 5+ for a marine should be exceptionally rare. I'd rather he be an eternal warrior.

Personally, I think he should get a 3++ save like Vulkan does.

Archived