Count as Mephiston?

teemoki

Unike my older thread about Mephiston count as model I decided to go an easier route :rolleyes: This model doesn't need to be completely redone with bits from many different boxes but instead it is a full model on it's own. However I think there needs to be some minor mods to it so it doesn't look..too much like the original model. To me it is a cheap alternative and looks amazing! Also imo the helmet looks very librariany like.. :X

-He's carrying a pistol so that can be Mephs pistol

-His sword colored properly can be his force weapon

-Unsure if the shoulderpads have markings on them otherwise I will have to shave them down so it is the BA chapter

What else can I do to make it more mephy?

http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/...otCatGameStyle=

I love that model, I was thinking about using him myself! I love most of the black Templar models and almost chose them over BA if it wasn't for Death Company, Baal predators, and all of our characters.

But sorry, back to your questions... If you could model a psychic hood and some kind of cape I think that would be perfect! You could do all of this with green stuff! You could also add little bits to the sword with green stuff to make it look more like a powersword but the only thing is that weapon on the emperors champion is a double handed sword... You may have a problem with WYSIWYG.

I have modified this model to serve as my Sanguinor, and before that he served as my Chapter Master. It is a terrific model.

I think it would make a fabulous Mephiston model. I suggest not putting the holstered pistol on (it comes detached), and placing a plasma pislol in his left hand. His right shoulder has the wings attached to a jewel symbol, which is perfect for BA.

You could also make the laruel around his helmet glow, and give him a larger cloak attached to his backpack.

I have modified this model to serve as my Sanguinor, and before that he served as my Chapter Master. It is a terrific model.

I think it would make a fabulous Mephiston model. I suggest not putting the holstered pistol on (it comes detached), and placing a plasma pislol in his left hand. His right shoulder has the wings attached to a jewel symbol, which is perfect for BA.

You could also make the laruel around his helmet glow, and give him a larger cloak attached to his backpack.

Great suggestions! Is there any shaving I am going to have to do because of BT insignias on the model? Or is it pretty clean as is for count as a BA model?

@1Drop: It's not a 2h sword it's a 1h! :D Mephy will wield any 2h as a 1h anyways >:P

I think it could work well if you put a P.pistol in his hand and add one of the BA iconed DC power packs.

Is the head separate from the model? The crusader helmet and laurel is just a bit too wrong for me personally. Maybe cut it off and use a different head, maybe even make a psychic hood from a shoulder pad or cut one off a grey knight.

The model has no Black Templar iconography on it except for the medalion haning from his neck, which is also a general SM symbol.

To make my Sanguinor, I added a DC backpack, and glued wings from the SG to the gaps in the scrolls on the top, and so I remember that he has a 3+ inv. I put a Storm Shield (AssaultMarine Combat Shield) on his left arm.

If you ever happen to be at my Local Game Store in Austin, and see a winged Emperor's Champion with yellow armor, then you'll know its my "Exemplar of the Host". (I use him allot because he is an awsome model)

Many of the Codex Marine characters have cloaks, but they are mostly fixed to the model. Other than that I don't know since I do not use cloaks on my models.

Mephiston seems to be the only BA character with a full cloak, I do not think it matters if he has a cloak or not. But if you play with somone who is obsesed with WYSISYG then you might want some kind of ominous cloak like the Mephiston model has.

The model has no Black Templar iconography on it except for the medalion haning from his neck, which is also a general SM symbol.

To make my Sanguinor, I added a DC backpack, and glued wings from the SG to the gaps in the scrolls on the top, and so I remember that he has a 3+ inv. I put a Storm Shield (AssaultMarine Combat Shield) on his left arm.

If you ever happen to be at my Local Game Store in Austin, and see a winged Emperor's Champion with yellow armor, then you'll know its my "Exemplar of the Host". (I use him allot because he is an awsome model)

I'm not quite sure what you did with the wings, can you explain more please?

The backpack is from the DC kit, and it is the one with a Blood Drop on the flat part beneath the vent, and the scroll that goes across the bottom of the vent and onto the side vents. The scroll ends on the side vents curl up, and I glued the SG wings into the gap created by the curvature of the scrolls, so that the wings appear to come out of the gap between the side vents and the body of the pack.

Is that clear? Or do I need to elaborate more.

The backpack is from the DC kit, and it is the one with a Blood Drop on the flat part beneath the vent, and the scroll that goes across the bottom of the vent and onto the side vents. The scroll ends on the side vents curl up, and I glued the SG wings into the gap created by the curvature of the scrolls, so that the wings appear to come out of the gap between the side vents and the body of the pack.

Is that clear? Or do I need to elaborate more.

No, that's spot on bro... Perfect description, no need for further ellaboration! I really wanna use the same model for something, it's so good as is all of the BT models, they have the best heads without helmets, I really don't like marines bear heads but the BT ones look really good!

Archived