Sanguinary Paint Scheme

marine77

Howdy folks. I am new to Blood Angels, though not to 40k or GW tabletop games. I am starting a Sanguinary Guard army as kind of a fun side project. You can see some of my work on it (mostly in playing Vassal test games) on my blog linked in my signature. I love the SG models, but don't like the full-on gold armor paint job. Thus, I am looking for some alternative paint schemes that might work. Currently, the only option presented to me as an alternative is found in the codex where it is states that some of the later founding chapters allow their sanguinary guard to wear white armor.

Has anyone found a decent alternative paint scheme for these guys? If so, would you share it, whether in explanation, link, or embedded photo? I would greatly appreciate the help.

The chapter with white armour is the Angels Encarmine. There are some flesh tearers somewhere with only the mask done in gold which look awesome, but I'm afraid I don't have the link. I've also seen more muted metallic paint jobs done well, and I'd imagine bone looks pretty good too. I'd recommend trying some search-fu.

Archived