Need help

Brother Yorei

im doing a team tourney on may 14. my team mate decided to play necrons. part of the tourney requires a brief write up on why our two armies teamed up. i need help with this. what is a good reason why a blood angels successor army and a necron army would team up?

That's a hard one, though there is the passage in the BA codex of Necrons and BA stopping fighting to face Tyranids then going their own ways rather than resume fighting.

There really is no valid reason (besides matt wards horrid fluff) for necrons to ally with anyone or anything, very similar to tyranids they just want to destroy. You could use some far fetched idea like your chapter found an inactive necron tomb world and the chapter techmarines found a way to activate the necron Lords within in the tomb, yet found a way to control the Lord's and us them a allies. Pretty far fetched but eh so is the idea of siding with necrons.

Matt Ward has to be one of the most hated men in 40k, I want to back hand him with my powerclaw! Lol

And sorry, that wasn't random... BA siding with the tin men just reminds me of his dire fluff attempts.

1. Because Dante sent a message recommending it based on his prophetic powers and awesome strategic mind. While it appears insane at first glance, the rest of the sector's security requires it else another far worse series of events will unfold.

2. Because the necrons were hacked by a jokaero and a canny squat and the Blood Angels have X amount of time to use them before they automatically reset and also must not shoot at them else force another reset.

3. Bender got them all drunk and they thought it'd be fun.

Matt Ward has to be one of the most hated men in 40k, I want to back hand him with my powerclaw! Lol

And sorry, that wasn't random... BA siding with the tin men just reminds me of his dire fluff attempts.

i wanna backhand him, kick him where it really hurts, and then use a brainwashing machine to make him more intelligent when it comes to writing Blood Angels fluff.

It will only get better. Early rumors have him writing the new 'cron dex. :RTBBB:

the perfect reason was said in the first post. in the timeline section of the BA book then there is a perfectly canon (yes, mat ward does write canon fluff) paragraph saying tat the BA and necrons were fighting and then a tyranid splinter fleet came. the blood angels and necrons TEAMED UP to fight off the tyranid fleet. they then went their separate ways because neither had the strength to overcome the other.

I've read it.

Why the hate again?

It doesn't say they shared tea or swapped recipes for crying out loud.

If I was Dante, I'd kick you folks off strategic analysis and get you back doing drill. Maybe after a while, your emotional responses to strategic necessity may be alleviated.

Archived