IF Bike Commander

DapperDave

He'll be leading the way for 30 some other imperial fists on bikes:

http://plasticspaceguys.com/uploads/ImpFist_Cmd_wip1.jpg

http://plasticspaceguys.com/uploads/ImpFist_Cmd_wip2.jpg

Both the storm shield and relic blade are magnetized.

Yay for modified bikes. Well then let's see...

Right now the only thing that stands out ass odd/out of place would be the shield. It just seems strange the way it attaches to his wrist like that. If possible I'd either try some way to fix it to the bike chassis instead, or keep both hands off the handlebars and on their weapons. The latter would of course look a little strange if you didn't also go through the effort of making the guy look as though he had stopped, i.e. propping out a foot onto the base. Since that can be a royal pain to do, I;d either go with the former option, or just ignore me altogether :)

Or you could try 'mag-locking' the shield to his thigh and see how that looks.

Still a good start you've got here so far. Do you plan on giving him and the bike a lot of fancy gubbins (aside from the Crux, aquilla and laurel), or do you not go for the whole ostentatious commander look?

Yea, the bike will get the winged raven-wing style wind shield with bolters (i leave it off until after painting) - same with the backpack (which will be the eagle headed one). Other than that and some honor markings after he's painted I wasn't really going to add anything else (I imagine most Imperial Fists commanders to be comparatively somber lot). Do you think I should go with an iron halo on top of the (yet to be added) backpack or would it be too much?

I think the halo would be more or less drowned out by that (filthy xeno) crest on his head. I think going for the more subdued model approach with a few red stripes (or are they white with command?) the IF use will work fine.

Archived