Blood Angel Scouts

1Drop

Ok so I think that for the camo on my scout snipers I should do some kind of desert camo as our home world is a desert now although it was a thriving green planet which rivalled the beauty of Eden itself (yes I love Baal) so yeah what kind of camo have you guys used for your sniper cloaks? I do the usual new standard calthan brown base which suites Baal anyway as it's rather desert looking so I guess another question here is do you guys tie in your base style with your camo? ie grey, city-scape style base with urban camo, green fauna style base with woodland camo etc.

Your camo should probably mirror your basing, or vice-versa. Desert camo on BA scouts is fitting, but it doesn't make sense if you put them on say, a grass base, or a cityscape.

Also, Baal hasn't been green and verdant since centuries before Sanguinius or the Big E ever even came there.

Your camo should probably mirror your basing, or vice-versa. Desert camo on BA scouts is fitting, but it doesn't make sense if you put them on say, a grass base, or a cityscape.

Also, Baal hasn't been green and verdant since centuries before Sanguinius or the Big E ever even came there.

Yeah, thats what I said, my base is desert and I also said that base types should match the camo!

Also I know Baal hasn't been like that for a very, very long time but it still was at one point.

Got to agree, the cloak should definitely match the base. If you like you can even go a step further and do the same camo for the legs and arms as well.

Yeah I think I really want to make my scouts look like a full on stealth unit so that's a really good idea.

Did you see the ultra smurf scouts that won the best 40k unit award at golden demon this year? They were amazing I thought and they really inspired me to do some scouts but pimp them alot.. I wanna try and look to adding texture to them too, like canvass and stuff, it'll look so good.

don't forget to post pictures of your scouts when you've painted them 1Drop... mine are in progress with the "paint brown and add black wash" method because i suck at painting <_<

How do you pull off desert camo? Anything that isn't modern camouflage patterns (digital camo) feels super retro 70's to me, and retro isn't what I'm going for with Space Marines. <_<

I haven't done any BA scouts, but my thoughts are to give them the colors of the rest of my army, or try for some wierd futuristic technological effect. I'd love to put together some base matching camo, but I just haven't seen any done well.

How do you pull off desert camo? Anything that isn't modern camouflage patterns (digital camo) feels super retro 70's to me, and retro isn't what I'm going for with Space Marines. :)

Browns and brownish matte greens are good. When I think of Baal I tend to think of a desert on Mars, so maybe instead of greens a few shades of red would be good, too. Also digital camo is just as acceptable, I would think, if not moreso. I mean, we are in the future, no?

Just checked with camo cloaks fluff and an idea occured. Make the cloaks 'changing color'. I.e. from sand to asphalt (and decorate bases accordingly). The cloaks are not just colored, but can change it, so you could play with it a little.

I was thinking of mixing the colours from desert and true woodland camo but using more urban camo shapes like rectangles and stuff!

If you're going desert camo do something like these Eldar pathfinders, i'll link the pic because i won't post that elfboy heresy here http://images.dakkadakka.com/gallery/2009/...gers,%20Tan.jpg

Yeah they look pretty good but I wanna do it with some reds in I've decided... Like brown and red and it'll compliment the overall look of my army more!

Those eldar look awesome though, do you know if there are any examples of a more reddish/brown looking 40k camo? I know that the old IG codex had loads of camo examples in it but I can't lay my hands on a copy! :(

EDIT: I do really like that eldar camo though but I can't work out what colours it is, what colours do you think he has used?

Yo does anyone know what colours are used in that eldar camo scheme in the link a couple of posts up?

If I was trying to reproduce that scheme I'd probably use:

Base color - Bubonic Brown mixed with some white

Camo spots - Snakebite Leather, Codex Grey, Bestial Brown

Well I don't have bubonic or bestial... Damn :D

Saying that though I don't wanna do mine exactly like that, think I wanna have a scab red base with snakebite leather, codex grey, bleached bone, vomit brown and scorched brown spots.

Archived