Tactical Squad sargent

Marik

generally take a powerfist for opening up vehicles, killing monsters and walkers as they will chew through a tac squad , so a fist is mandatory imo and as your not getting an attack bonus from a pistol just take a bolter. unless your using vulken then take combi flamer or melta.

It depends on what role you want your squad to fulfill, and what army that squad will be a part of.

But possible loadouts would be:

-Fist + combi melta in a Rhino squad with meltagun and missile launcher (agressive Mech-based army)

-Boltgun or Combi-Plasma in a foot squad with plasmagun and plasma cannon (objective holder/fire support in DoA-ish foot army)

I took combi-plas with PF in my recent mech list. The rest of the squad have meltagun and misile launcher. Sarge and meltagunner ride in flamerback. I find this squad pretty flexible.

Combi-plas on the fist? Not risking it since I've found that tacticals often end up outside of the priest bubble.

Combi-flamer in case you don't have a flamer, combi-melta in case the squad doesn't have a melta. If I want to keep the points down I go with a storm bolter rather than the bolt pistol, this goes for any model with a powerfist. Doesn't cost much and adds some firepower. I'm probably the only person in the world using them. OK, slight hyperbole.

Combi-plas in case they face high T units. Two s7 shots are better than one s8. I rarely used it, but when I did it helped. I also run plasma honor guard in my DoA list, and luckily I'm 'bad' at rolling 1s with plasma. So rolling 1 with two plasma shots is not very probable.

But now that I'm thinking of it, I feel the fist doesn't belong there. I'll keep my tact purely shooty. So no PF anymore :)

I run Power Fists on all of my sergeants because I used to find that the squads without fists usually ended up facing something that they couldn't kill without it.

It also helps in case you're objective camping squad gets itself into combat.

As of tonight, all my Fist wielding tactical sergeants will also feature Storm Bolters. Thanks for the idea K&F and Blood Donator <_<

I run Power Fists on all of my sergeants because I used to find that the squads without fists usually ended up facing something that they couldn't kill without it.

It also helps in case you're objective camping squad gets itself into combat.

As of tonight, all my Fist wielding tactical sergeants will also feature Storm Bolters. Thanks for the idea K&F and Blood Donator :)

Hoh, thought I might want to elaborate on that a bit. The problem with combi plas has been made quite clear, combi-melta on a BS4 model that doesn't want to be in range is rather crap too. A storm bolter than adds a shot at range, nice and simple. Also it adds a shot for those unfortunate moments when it's bolt pistol followed by charge time. They may or may not influence the game at all, but for just 3 points it's a rather nice fit if there's nothing else to spend points on.

Storm bolters are a nice option to have, and I'll be magnetising my sergeants at some point so they can all have the option of one. However, I'd only take it if I'd got a few points going spare after melta-bombs etc.

I have 2 tact squads from the black reach boxed set. I made 2 sargs to use to add to the unit to give it more kick. One is with fist and plamsa pistol (duh!), and one is with storm bolter and fist. I havent ever acutally kill the fist/plasma sarg with an overheat yet, but it was really a stupid idea.

Archived