Storm Bolters, Terminators and CC

Merkava

Are storm bolters classed as a CC wpn at all (specificlly GK wrist mounted SB) Ie. if the GK charge, do they get 4A (2 base+1CC(the sword/SB combo)+1 for charge) or is it just 3A. I know the glaive gives you +2 I but is classed as a two handed weapon.

No, only pistols and other ranged weapons specifically stating they are 1 handed grant the bonus. Just because a storm bolter is modelled on one hand, does not make it one handed.

Surprised you didn't see this thread http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/index.p...howtopic=228636 just further down the page. It's discussed in more detail there.

When in doubt ignore the model and read the rules. Alot of confusion comes from just how open the fluff can be, and the possibilities the models represent. The wargear listings dont have them as wrist-mounted, so in the end its just an epic model pose.

Thanks for clearing that up guys. It was something that was bugging me and has been the subject of a few roll offs to decide what the rule will be in the club. The only fluff/rules reasoning that I can think of for the one handed is the trade off for being able to assault with it after vice not being able to with the bolter.

As to not seeing the other thread, old blackberry curve and in the field, never saw it and I wanted to get the answer :)

Archived